PDA

View Full Version : DC-9 au Gabon

learr
25th Feb 2005, 16:29
il semble qu'on recherche des equipages sur DC-9 au gabon, quelqu'un aurait des infos sur la compagnie :confused:

learr

bafanguy
25th Feb 2005, 17:31
Learr,

I don't speak French, but think I see what you're asking. The specific Gabon DC9 job you mention was listed on climbto350.com with no contact info except application through the employment website...members only.

There is another job I've seen posted for 3 DC9 crews in Africa through JMI Capital Ltd. Didn't say where in Africa. email: [email protected]

Must be current within 24 months and have 500 hours in type.

karimi
25th Feb 2005, 19:59
Jo, va voir du cote des Seychelles, cela recrute la-bas....

Treetopflyer
26th Feb 2005, 15:50
Okay, no DC9 in Libreville as far as I know, not even a rumor about any. But could it have something to do with a newly arrived MD80???

There is one which has the colors of "Air Max Africa" and hasn't started flying yet. The company is a joke, it used to be called "Air Max Gabon" and operated An24/26 and then HS748 and F27s flying domestic sheduled passenger flights. They disappeared after the Gabon Express HS748 crash, grounded by the Gabonese DAC, and they are apparently trying to start again with that MD80. :ouch:

Now, I know DC9 and MD80 type ratings are two different things, but who knows? It is not uncommon in Africa to see crews transition from one to the other without much training... :E :E :E

Entouka si c'est eux, mon cher, abstiens-toi...

bafanguy
26th Feb 2005, 15:55
Treetop,

Actually, I've seen two separate ads specifically for DC9 crews in Africa and the one you mention for MD81 at Azima Aviation of Africa(Gabon). This one is being staffed by a company with a Canadian address.

www.MD80.net has some more info on Azima. They all want current pilots...this lets me out. Have lots of time in both types, but not current.

learr
2nd Mar 2005, 13:05
hi Treetopflyer,
can you tell me more about this people, Air Max Gabon and Air Max Africa is in fact the same company?? Any news about one guy call Pierre Taillefer ??

Thanx, Learr

Treetopflyer
5th Mar 2005, 10:58
Well, they actually use the same "Air Max" AOC, so I would assume they are the same company. I don't know if the management is the same, but at least they have retained the same :yuk: practices. This post, found on the site recommended by Bafanguy, is actually quite interesting regarding Air Max:

http://www.md80.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=1691.0

The Bosnian crew has now been evacuated. The MD81 was grounded a few days before a new crew arrived; the company pretended the aircraft was grounded for maintenance. So far, most of the aircraft flights were actually for Air Gabon, which is lacking a B737.

As far as a DC9 is concerned, I am now back in Libreville and I can confirm there is no DC9 on the field and no rumors about any coming soon.

learr
5th Mar 2005, 22:20
Well well well doesn't sound too good to me, anyway thanks a lot for your reply let me know if you have anything new

I saw on climto350.com they're still looking for F/o on the DC9??!!:confused:

learr