PDA

View Full Version : What will happen to QF L/H fixed termers on 15th May 2005?

AIRBUST
25th Feb 2005, 06:08
Any relaible galley gossip? Any theories?

QFR5
25th Feb 2005, 06:46
I havent heard anything in stone but it will be interesting to see what happens.. I have heard that managment have said there will be no further jobs after the 15th of May!! It will be interesting to see what happens as I know a few internal people who also finish their secondmant .. I know for a fact they will have to be offered ful time positions if there will be any available.
I also cant see QF getting rid of fresh new staff who dont cost them a lot of money as they are under the lower pay scale. Maybe if their are no long haul positions maybe they will offer positions in short haul as they are always getting new crew and short haul is getting bigger !! It would seem a waste getting rid of these skilled staff and then try and look for more people!! We are then talking about Qantas and I guess anything could happen!! Any more thoughts???

OZcabincrew
25th Feb 2005, 11:53
Hi!!!

Yes short haul is getting bigger, but don't forget that with short haul they are just piling in the casuals to take the workload. Also Perth long haul is downsizing so there will be a lot of Perth long haulers transferring over to SYD, MEL etc. I have heard the following rumour a couple of times that the 11 month l/h contractors will be offered permanent positions in Perth short haul, whether or not this is true is anyone's guess?

Oz