PDA

View Full Version : Ifta Student

dropshort105
24th Feb 2005, 22:41
I cannot and will not pass comment on other peoples experiences with IFTA, I can only remark on my own, I completed my PPL and IMC with IFTA in 1989 in Ft.Pierce, I joined up with them again in 2002 for my CPL and MULTI/IR in Stuart. I have just finished my AFI and MULTI/IR RE-VALIDATION with them, again in Stuart. I felt that the Capt took me very much under his wing on my AFI course which he conducted personally and I learned more from him than I ever thought I could, I tested within minimum Hrs and agreed price ( I wont tell you what I paid as that is between IFTA and me), I consider myself very lucky that during my trips to IFTA I have meet some wonderful people, both instructors and students, most of whom I remain friends with to this day. I am not looking for any replies or opinions I have just told you of MY experiences, thats all

African Drunk
25th Feb 2005, 13:07
First post ever, start new thread praising operator. I must be getting cynical again.

SmilingKnifed
25th Feb 2005, 14:53
You and me both mate!

VisaGeeza
25th Feb 2005, 15:38
Nah! reading too much into it. Happens all the time, same happens with completely negative posts too! Next you'l be suggesting that some PPRuNers have multiple identities heaven forbid!:E :E

STEPHEN FISHER
25th Feb 2005, 23:08
African Drunk - yes I still have to call you that, don't I, because you have so far refused to accept my offer and contact me directly and tell me who you really are.

If you care to look closely, the posting from dropshort105 is from Ireland, indeed the customer departed last week delighted at his FI(R) PASS - I am in the USA, even I can't be in two places at once!

A close look at your many other postings tells its own story about your agenda.

More seriously however, than any insult you might throw at me, are your comments on another recent posting that YOU obtained YOUR CRE/IRR examiner approvals without the CAA having any regard to your honesty and integrity - wow!

For me, and I am sure the vast majority of all flight examiners, I am very proud to be given the opportunity to represent the CAA and uphold the trust they have placed in us to act proffessionally and without bias in our duties.

To suggest the CAA have no regard for honesty, integrity and flight training standards, is riddiculous in the extreme! The mere suggestion by you that if you pay the CAA money you can become a flight examiner is an insult to all examiners and if you really feel this way you might consider relinquishing yours forthwith.

Stephen Fisher
President, IFTA.

'I' in the sky
26th Feb 2005, 13:18
Dropshort,

I assume that's a tipo and you meant 1999 not 89.
In which case are you still in contact with any of the instructors who were at Ft Pierce at that time ?

And if so do you have any up to date contact details ?

Regards

dropshort105
28th Feb 2005, 10:23
I in the sky
oops yep 1999 (always doing that) yes still in contact with some of the old boys

'I' in the sky
28th Feb 2005, 11:10
Dropshort,

When in 99 were you there ?

Are you in touch with Skippy or is anybody else who you are in touch with in touch with him - if that makes sense ?

African Drunk
3rd Mar 2005, 17:41
"If you care to look closely, the posting from dropshort105 is from Ireland, indeed the customer departed last week delighted at his FI(R) PASS - I am in the USA, even I can't be in two places at once!" I post from under a bar stool and that is the same if I use a computer in the US/Africa/europe/UK.

VisaGeeza
3rd Mar 2005, 18:31
well spotted there African Drunk! Stephen Fisher indeed can't be in two places at once. However, I can be in Florida or anywhere else in the world for that matter within the time it takes me to change my profile. Indeed, if I register again I can even be in two places at the same time! and again and I'm in three places at the same time! Well done Stephen Fisher for standing up with a real name. Will Dropshort105 do the same and thereby gaining instant credibility? Nah maybe not!

STEPHEN FISHER
4th Mar 2005, 00:43
At Last - an honest admission!

I have wondered for a long time how one person can multiply into ten supporters or enemies of a flight school so easily - wow!!

People that know me well know just how computer illiterate I really am, must be my age group.

No doubt you will both enjoy my posting entitled 'IFTA announcement' - once you have said your piece, you can then focus your life in another direction - my only regret is that you will never reveal your identity to me - hum!

Perhaps we might miss the banter on this forum.

In the meantime, if you passing through Vero Beach, please stop by - annonomously of course!

Stephen Fisher
President, IFTA.

VisaGeeza
4th Mar 2005, 06:15
At Last - an honest admission! :confused: of what? :confused: Now don't tell us that you never thought about registering again as another person? You don't have to be "computer literate" to work that one out, in fact, one would need to be completely illiterate not to work that out and not even a fool would describe you as "illiterate" Stephen!;) no, I'm not "African Drunk" if that's what you think, however, I have to say that Dropshort105" post at the top of this thread is to me very suspect!

Why don't you payup for legitimate advertising on PPRuNe rather than start "yet another satisfied student" thread praising IFTA?

Edit:
Stephen, You will have noticed by now that your other thread which was nothing short of a blatant attempt at gaining free advertising for IFTA has been deleted by the moderators. You as a businessman should know that it takes money to run any business and PPRuNe is no exception. Would you let Danny Fyne take one of your aircraft for free? Why do you expect Danny to give you bandwidth for free? How about at least stumping up the money for a personal title to help keep PPRuNe up and running?

dropshort105
4th Mar 2005, 20:41
That was my first and last posting on this site, it is obvious that some of you people have no interest in anything positive that anyone might have to say, I do not work for IFTA, I am not Stephen Fisher I was just a student there. Do you guys normally welome a new user like this.

Dont reply I am not interested.:*

dann1405
4th Mar 2005, 20:49
You guys are so cynical. Look you've scared the anonymous entity away. Aah bless....
and he was just an innocent happy customer with other wannabes best interests at heart :yuk:

Look dropshort, I absolute hate playing these games, they make us all look very childish. I have provided you with my name, as requested; there is a very easy way in which you could give yourself some credibility and silence these wolves...

African Drunk
5th Mar 2005, 15:57
VisaGeeza I missed stephen's other thread could you pm me the highlights.

VisaGeeza
5th Mar 2005, 17:52
check your PM's:ok:

flighttime2.0
5th Mar 2005, 17:59
African Drunk

I recently through it all at Captain Steven Fisher and was very impressed by his reply. You obviously have issues with him and im more than surprised that you and more people did not retaliate to his reply to my questions. I am posting a link to the tread and would be interested to know why have a pop now and not then , when Steven was more that honest ? Flighttime http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=163096

VisaGeeza
5th Mar 2005, 18:36
I really can't see where African Drunk is actually having a "pop" at Mr Fisher. Why your concern? Sounds like a plea to leave the poor boy alone. What about the free advertising which Mr Fisher attempts to solicit on PPRuNe? Is that ok? Is Mr Fisher too poor or mean to pay for it? Other school proprietors do! Many questions, but the answers are a bit too slick for my liking!

Edit: Here are a couple of useful links for you Mr Fisher;

http://www.pprune.org/go.php?go=/ptorder/ptorder.htm

http://www.pprune.org/advert.php