PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Hours recognition?

Finals19
24th Feb 2005, 18:42
Just a quick question on an hours related issue here........

I hold a Canadian CPL ME/IR and am logging what is classed in north america as "co-pilot" hours on a PA31-350 Chieftain in a commercial op. My question is, how are these hours perceived in Europe if I was to come back and do my JAR Conversion? The AOC of the op I fly on has the Chieftain certified as a 2 crew operation as it has no autopilot and therefore is not certifiable for single pilot IFR. However I do not believe the POH has anything about this being a certified 2 crew aircraft (which it isn't, but then again, I have a friend who is FO on a Beech 1900 and its POH also certifies it as a single pilot a/c!)

So to any potential employer in Europe, would these hours have any value, seeing as they are not PIC Multi?

Thanks for any info:ok:

510orbust
24th Feb 2005, 19:50
If you are thinking about the move over to this side of the pond and you are not far from your Canadian ATPL I would secure that licence first, if you are a long way off, then worry about the 14 exams and the ground school you have to do to start the conversion process. I am orig from Canada been here 8 months was exempt from the ground school did self study for the exams. Then for the flying portion 15 hours for the IFR a commercial ride and a multi ride are required as well. Either way you will have a frozen ATPL..

Any questions let me know

pa31t
25th Feb 2005, 15:59
To get a waiver you need 500 multi-crew on 2 crew A/C or a letter from your chief pilot saying the A/C is flying 2 crew only under the ops manual even though the PA31 is single pilot.