PDA

View Full Version : Mcc

ABO944
24th Feb 2005, 07:28
Hello Guys 'n gals !

Just a quick one ...

How many hours make up the MCC (sim hours) and can these be counted towards your P1 / P2 hours for my logbook?

Just wanted to know, as I need another 9 hours to get to the 100 P1, so I can get my CPL IR etc etc issued, but didnt want to fork out more dosh if the MCC hours could be included!!

Any info about MCC courses / prices also much appreciated!

ABO

Crashlanding
24th Feb 2005, 08:58
Typical course will be 20 hours sim.

Afraid it will not count towards your P1 or even your TT for the perpus of your CPL

But just a note for you Sim time will count towards your TT for the ATPL when you get that far

ABO944
24th Feb 2005, 12:42
So, just to clarify ...

I already have my CPL and am about to complete my IR ... will the hours still count in this case? Or will I still have to splash out some more cash on hours building??

Thanks

ABO

Crashlanding
24th Feb 2005, 13:00
No sim hours wont count as this is a rating not a ATP licence.

Sorry you will have to do like many of us and burn a few holes in the sky

give me an axe
24th Feb 2005, 15:49
Crashlanding

What is a "perpus" ??

Crashlanding
24th Feb 2005, 17:38
perpus is a long day night day shift and not much sleep.

BillieBob
24th Feb 2005, 22:21
Just to clarify - the time spent in a synthetic training device on a modular MCC course will not count towards any hours requirement for a licence or rating.

moggiee
24th Feb 2005, 23:13
It will count towards your type rating as long as it is done as part of your type rating.

If the type rating and MCC are combined, the MCC may be reduced from 20 hours sim to not less than 10 hours sim. But this must be in addition to the type rating hours.

25 hour groundschool has to be added on to the TR groundschool, too.

BillieBob
24th Feb 2005, 23:38
But this must be in addition to the type rating hours. Not true. There are a number of TRTOs that offer combined MCC/Type Ratings and, in each case, the combined course is, at most, only one session (4 hours) longer than the 'raw' Type Rating course.

moggiee
25th Feb 2005, 15:25
Billiebob - if you read Lasors it states that if combined with a type rating the synthetic training phase of the MCC may be reduced to "not less than 10 hours" if the same flight simulator is used for both the MCC and type rating.

LASORS, page F29.

ABO944
25th Feb 2005, 15:49
Thanks for the info guys!

Can anyone advise me of a good MCC course in the south?

Website & costs would be fab !

ABO

BillieBob
25th Feb 2005, 16:14
Moggiee - I don't need to read LASORS, I have a copy of JAR-FCL 1, a far more accurate document. I do not deny that JAR-FCL 1.261 states that the MCC practical training may be reduced to not less than 10 hours, but it does not say that this 10 hours must be in addition to the type rating course as you suggest.

Much of the type rating training on multi-pilot aeroplanes duplicates the requirements of the MCC course and the hours may be credited for both purposes. It is the opinion of the CAA that a single extra STD session is sufficient to sweep up any MCC requirements that are not included in the type rating. I am also aware of at least one combined MCC/type rating course that has no extra STD time over the same course without MCC.

JB007
25th Feb 2005, 17:34
I would go to the Guildhall in London for quality of instruction - Tony Banfield is the man!

Cheers
JB
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/CHCal4.gif