PDA

View Full Version : skylink- Is it worth it?

pinkpyjama
23rd Feb 2005, 15:51
Hi, was just wondering if anyone who has been offered a job with Skylink is seriously considering going. I got an email the other day asking me to send off for my CRC. I must say all seems like they want to seriously recruit but my main concern is that there continues to be no new information about them. They stressed that all was top secret at the interview as they did not want their competitors to know too much about them. Well I'm sorry that's all well and good but surely you must let the public know because how are they suposed to fly with you!
I currently have a secure post that pays well and would only leave if something special came along. Going to Skylink would mean a base nearer to home, more pay and if all got going a very exciting new airline.
However and this is the point all the above is based on loose theory and as much as I want to believe them; would anyone quit what they have and join them based on what little hard info is out there. How long would you be employed on basic salary only waiting for them to start flying; if they started at all. Is this just too darn risky?

I think I know what I'll do but was keen to know how anyone else felt.

747 Boy
2nd Mar 2005, 18:44
Hi There,

Finally someone elso in the same postion as me, I have sent you a private message re Skylink!!

utell
2nd Mar 2005, 20:13
Just to let you know that Skylink routes and information on the

Airline was in last weeks issue of the Travel Weekly , so there

are no secrets.

What salary would you be looking at ?

pinkpyjama
2nd Mar 2005, 23:31
747 Boy. Have sent you a reply, keep in touch pal.
Utell. All we found out at the interview day was £13,000 basic for main crew and if you're lucky enough to get In Flight Service Manager then that goes up to £16,000. Sorry could not get a figure for flight pay, just an assurance that it will be competitive.

Therefore providing you had a reasonable roster (who knows?) then the pay could be very competitive.

At the moment though all we are talking about is a paper airline and of course we have to consider that. Let's just hope for more publicity soon so we can all make a bit more of an informed choice rather than chasing rainbows.

Good luck. Please to all it concerns; post any info you might hear. Take care!

Gareth Blackstock
5th Mar 2005, 16:08
I applied to this company about a month ago and have not heard anything back from them. Does anyone have an email address or contact telephone number for them?

much appreciated

Gaz

pinkpyjama
15th Mar 2005, 13:34
ICTS UK out of Stansted are handling things for them UK side. Think they're based out of Stansted House. Otherwise try aviation jobsearch again or get on Skylinks' website. Can be a bit tricky getting hold of them but keep trying.

Good Luck!

pinkpyjama
16th Mar 2005, 10:51
Ooops! Sorry re: the above post I meant Enterprise House. The mind aint as good as it was :bored:

noodnik
21st Mar 2005, 16:42
Skylink now have an office in Stansted Airport within Enterprise House

pinkpyjama
21st Mar 2005, 18:23
Well I guess that is some news that is a bit encouraging. I would just like to see a bit more publicity about the whole thing but maybe that will come soon. Remember Blue Fox? Well for sure 9/11 came and screwed things up but that was as Skylink is for now; a paper airline.

I remember NOW at LTN. That was very sad how that all screwed up.

However as I've said above, the appearence of an office is certainly good news for those who are interested. Let's keep an eye on things eh?

batodd
24th Mar 2005, 15:55
Well today skylink received their approval & certificate from the US DOT to operate widebodies to 15 countries. I just applied cuz now they are hiring US based cabin crew. Let's keep our fingers crossed! the following aricle may be insightful:
http://www.frommers.com/articles/2632.html