PDA

View Full Version : FAA Temporay airman Certificate

Sheep Guts
23rd Feb 2005, 09:11
Just asking if anyone knows , if one can get a expedited processing of an FAA Airman Certificate ( currently running at 2 months from the FAA website). The reason being some Foreign Aviation Authroities dont accept the FAA Temp certificate. This could be the chance of getting a job and not ( 2 month wait). Any ideas anyone?

Regards

Sheep

KitKatPacificuk
23rd Feb 2005, 09:21
I passed my US Commercial IR checkride in June 2004. It took the whole time the temp licence was valid for(120 days) to get my proper credit card style one. Almost to the day.

B2N2
23rd Feb 2005, 15:38
You can try giving them a call
at 405-954-3205
Airman certification in Oklahoma city Oklahoma.
Keep in mind the time difference, they don't open till 9 am their time.
But generally it takes some time,
your potential employer should understand.
If not a fax from the FAA confirming your credentials could help.

Tinstaafl
23rd Feb 2005, 23:58
If you register on the FAA's airman's records site you can have them email an official record of your FAA certificates, in .PDF format suitable for printing. I think last time I did it it took less than an hour from request to receipt. This service is available 24/7. You can also use the site to update your address etc.

jimbo jet set
24th Feb 2005, 01:26
faxed mine off and had it all back within about ten days about a month ago. cost me 11 quid to fax it though.

jimbo

Sheep Guts
24th Feb 2005, 10:07
Thanks Guys,
Ill give the fax method ago,when I have to do the deed. Im intending on doing a Type Rating on my USATP( issued in Jul 2000) in the next 2 months.
Tinstaffl, I thought that the FAA data base is only updated when they have processed your hard copy licence.

Ill give Oklahoma a call and see what they can do for me.

Cheers
Sheep

Thanks guys for all your replies:O ;)

newflyer
24th Feb 2005, 12:22
FYI - as of today the Airman Certification Branch of the FAA is processing Certificates with an issuance date of December 25th, 2004.

Malc
24th Feb 2005, 14:03
I got the hard copy plastic licence through in about 10 weeks. I did ask if it could be sent sooner, as the CAA wouldn't issue a JAR conversion on the basis of the temporary FAA licence, but got a big NO from Oklahoma City.

Tinstaafl
24th Feb 2005, 14:35
Sheep, sort of. It reflects what certificates they have on record for you, whether or not you've received the card yet.

I found when I added more stuff to my FAA ATP last October that the website form was a week or two ahead of when I received the card.