PDA

View Full Version : Airline Sponsorships

desperatedan21
23rd Feb 2005, 06:43
Hi everybody, I have just registered to this forum after failung at the second attempt at the CTC Wings Sponsorship interview. Unfortunately I cannot afford to pay for all the training myself and hope that somewhere there is another company running a sponsorship scheme. Does anybody know of such companies / Airlines that are sponsoring pilots who currently do not hold a pilots licence??????:::ok:

BoraBora007
23rd Feb 2005, 08:31
Sorry to hear that mate, you must be gutted. Credit to you for looking for another way forward.

Unfortunately, the options are limited. Flybe and Britannia both do sponsorships, but I think applications are closed for both, certainly Britannia's has a long while ago.

You may have to wait a while, keep monitoring these forums and see if anything else comes up, or try and save up and go the modular route, which you can do at your own pace, which is cheaper and may allow you the option of working while training to help with the funds

Good luck

wobblyprop
23rd Feb 2005, 08:45
I hate to disappoint but FlyBe's sponsorship will cost you 30K. Well, the last round on sponsorships with them did.

I don't know what the commitment is for the Britannia one.

bycrewlgw
2nd Mar 2005, 00:14
The Britannia scheme cost £17,000 (last years cost) not heard any info about any future schemes but will prob be posted on website : www.britanniaairways.com

bycrewlgw

sarrah_82
2nd Mar 2005, 17:08
sorry to hear that too.
Did they give you any help or feedback on why you werent chosen?
What date was your phase 3?
Some one told me that brittannia was coming up, but they've told me no. I heard that was £15,000.
Have you not considered taking out a loan? Though i guess thats not enough is it.

Take care

hingey
4th Mar 2005, 05:47
I'm applying for various schemes (CTC, OAT etc) but whatever the case I'm probably going to end up taking out a loan, if to pay for a modular course at a local school.

I'm still in my teens... what are the odds of my finishing an intergrated/ modular course, and finding myself with no aviation employment experience, no employment opportunities, low hours and a £50,000 debt?

desperatedan21
4th Mar 2005, 07:31
sarrah_82

Thanks for your reply, hopefully the answers to your questions will help you!

They did give some feedback but it was very minimal. However, on the second atemp at the interview, the set of questions they asked me seemed to be completely different!! On the first Interview they asked questions like " Give us an example of when you were a team player " and " What would make you a good Pilot " The sort of personal, get to know you type questions. On the second interview they asked questions like " What is the difference between a Boeing 737-500 and an Airbus A320-400 " and "How do these two aircraft behave differently." Basically the questions I thought I would learn the answers too during my training - How wrong I was!!!

My second phase 3 was last November 29th. The first attempt was earlier in the year approx May.

A loan has been considered but am trying to leave that as a last option, although the last option is now coming extremely close!!!:{

ATP_Al
4th Mar 2005, 08:50
Dan,

Sorry to be blunt, but the CTC scheme is a loan, and a big one at that!

There is no such thing as a free frozen ATPL; however you get your licence you will need to borrow money. You are right to explore every avenue for sponsorship, but if you are unsuccessful and need to fund all the training yourself then you will be among the majority of pilots flying today.

Best of luck,

Al

Re-Heat
4th Mar 2005, 17:52
Hingey:

That chance may be higher if you don't follow an integrated route - it lacks the training records and pressure that are valued at low hours. On the other hand you may enjoy a route that goes through instructing and turboprop prior to jet, as a result of going modular. If you want to go jet straight away, then integrated is your best bet.

peterpann
6th Mar 2005, 13:04
I failed CTC but have been offered another bite of the cherry ....... I know they say that this is only offered in exceptional circumstances - Is this true?
However, I know you need a back up plan so I have decided that if CTC attempt two goes tits up I'll try integrated training in jerez.
Only problem being Im 3/4 through my ppl so my question is .................. If I continue with my ppl will it rule me out of integrated with FTE Jerez

Lucifer
6th Mar 2005, 20:11
No, it will not rule you out of FTE, Jerez.

fastjet2k
7th Mar 2005, 20:20
You can actually get up to 20 hours credit on the hours you would do at FTE if you arrive with a PPL... I'm on a course of 9 and 4 of us have licences, having 700 hours between us. A fair few people on other courses arrived at FTE with licences as well, it does seem to make groundschool a bit easier!

Good luck to all and sundry...

FJ2k