PDA

View Full Version : RMIT and the like

JerryMaguire
23rd Feb 2005, 03:53
Hey guys, I reside in Singapore and was contemplating pursuing an Airline Pilot – Diploma of Air Transport in RMIT.

Have searched the website and saw that the fee for international students amounts to AUS$11,520 but this doesn't include the flight training costs. Anyone aware how much that'll amt to? Apparently this course covers a full commerical pilot license and also the theory component of the instrument rating and airline transport pilot license.

I was also thinking of taking up a PPL in Singapore but this amounts to around SGD$30,000. Anyone knows what's the path from a PPL to CPL and subsequently ATPL?

Also, anyone know of any places which offers reasonable flying training.

My aim is to get employment in a major airline upon the completion of such trainings.

UnderneathTheRadar
23rd Feb 2005, 09:44
Jerry,

I can't quite remember who runs RMITs flying course these days. It might be General Flying School but there are plenty of Melbourne schools who offer similar courses (i.e. Diploma's in Aviation - although probably not quite with the same credentialled university (it's all relative!).

I can personally recommend TVSA (www.tvsa.com.au) but they're not advertising prices at the moment. Also Royal Vic Aero club are quoting about $AU 30,000 for the flying component at the moment (www.rvac.com.au) - this probably equates to the cost you're looking for.

Good luck!

UTR.