PDA

View Full Version : QF short haul-which routes?

amongthestars
23rd Feb 2005, 02:32
I was just wondering if you are qf short haul, besides domestic, which international routes do you do? And do MAM get many overnights?

GalleyHag
23rd Feb 2005, 02:44
It depends on which base you are in and the destinations can change each month for example:

Sydney base for March has Hong Kong, Singapore, Manila and Auckland. Melbourne base has Hong Kong, Singapore and Auckland and Brisbane I think has Hong Kong and Perth has no international for March.

I have not heard of many if any MAM casuals out of Sydney getting these trips if they did it would be only if permanent crew went sick not sure about the other bases but the international trips are popular out of Sydney short haul.

gigs
23rd Feb 2005, 20:50
sh mam are crewing 10 to 60% of most of the os routes. ive been told this is due to rostering,sick leave and, many sh crew not wanting major taxing pattens on yah health.

Bizzi_Boi
6th Mar 2005, 08:14
As a MAM short hauler out of SYD base, to answer questions, the regional flying has been abundant. I went to SIN (Singapore) twice in one week. And one duty, 8 of the crew were MAM casuals.

A lot of this regional flying is being dumped by SH full time crew as part of the FWA ability to off to load duties that they do not want to do.

Many full time crew also have not done their 4 day Airbus international training so this adds pressure as they can not bid for the regional flying until they have completed the training.

Hope this helps with your question.

Cheers,

Bizzi_Boi

gps117
6th Mar 2005, 10:37
sorry to be thick but i have seen this many times - what is mam

RollzRoyce
6th Mar 2005, 10:39
MAM is a contractor for Qantas.

gigs
7th Mar 2005, 00:05
yow bizzi,how did you get to go to singapore twice in a week when they are 4 day trips and we cant work 6 days in a row? cheers gigs

gigs
7th Mar 2005, 05:20
at s/haul singapore trips are 4 day trips midnight so you would need 9 days to complete 2 trips out of syd.thats 4 on and one off then 4 on again. cheers gigs