PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice about job CV / Cover Letter / Job search etc.

Kerropi
22nd Feb 2005, 12:44
Hello!,

Because my first language is not English I find it very difficult to write an English cover letter. I also took the example resume from the oxford internet page.

I would like to ask if somebody has examples writing such cover letters and resumes. Or somebody who has the time to look into my cover letter / Resume.

Thanks!!!

K.

Global Pilot
22nd Feb 2005, 20:24
In my experience, keep your resume to one page. Human Resources are having to go through so much incoming on a daily basis that they want to look at your one page and see do you have the minimum qualifications. If you do great you go to a pile of possible future employees!

Keep cover letters to a minimum just saying you are forwarding your CV for their attention. Follow up with a phone call if possible.

best of luck mate!

Kerropi
28th Feb 2005, 08:56
When I apply to an airline company I always send my Coverletter, Resume, Copy of license, copy of Medical, copy of MCC certificate, photo.

Is this too much?

Loony_Pilot
2nd Mar 2005, 11:49
Yes, thats far too much, you have to remember that the person viewing your Cv etc will spend maybe 20 seconds or less looking at it. You run a high chance of it going straight in the bin.

Your CV will presumably say that you have a licence?MCC? etc.. so no need to send copies of it all. That can be checked at interview.

Try a one page CV with a SHORT covering letter that doesnt duplicate too much of the info on the CV.