PDA

View Full Version : Performance A?

berserker
22nd Feb 2005, 07:14
I am a scandinavian who is currently looking for a job. Alot of the british companies are asking for performance A. Could someone please tell me what this is, since I have never heard about it up here in the cold north.
tnx

PropstoMAX
22nd Feb 2005, 12:29
Multi-engined aeroplanes powered by turbo-prop engines with a max approved passenger seating configuration of more than 9 or a max take-off mass exceeding 5700kg and all multi-engined turbo-jet powered aeroplanes are class A.

The operating regulations for this class was covered as part of the JAR ATPL Aircraft Performance exam..

Checkout JAR OPS/section 1/subpart G (class A regs)

Hope this helps..

pugzi
22nd Feb 2005, 12:39
This was the old class rating exam for large twin jet or prop aircraft >5700kg.
However, this exam has been replaced by the JAA "Aircraft Performance exam" which you can study for at most schools.

Good luck if you need to pass this exam, it can be tough.

berserker
22nd Feb 2005, 13:07
Thank you guys!
Fotunately I have already completed these exams, so I guess the problem is solved for now:)
Just abit of confusion since I have never heard about performance A during my ground school.

Ex Oggie
11th Mar 2005, 20:03
This maybe a bit of an obvious question. I am correct in saying that once you have Perf A on a UK CAA licence, it is still non-expiring provided the licence itself does not expire?

Thanks

Piltdown Man
15th Mar 2005, 09:12
I think it had a shelf life of five years, ie. you had to put a Perf. A aircraft on your licence within that time. As for the JAA one, who knows. Even for something simple like a medical or a type rating, the validity and expiry dates have changed four or five times in as many years. Questions like this are best addressed to our friends employed by the Campaign in Gatwick Towers.