View Full Version : Industrial Action Suspended

Full_Burner
20th Oct 2001, 10:42
I just read CX CEO's letter to staff. He is pleased to welcome the suspension of Industrial action by the AOA. First I had heard of it!!

Can any of you AOA boys shed some light on this for us? 49 er's; roster etc.

FB :confused:

BusAce
20th Oct 2001, 13:02
Well it only took the AOA thugs a month and a half before they realised it is time to join the world in the fight against terror. Even then, they only suspended (Taxy Slow) policy because it wasnt taking them anywhere. Lets hope they consider the young pilots around the world and in their own company and cooperate with CX to avoid any job losses. I understand they will talk with a "Clean sheet" no pre conditions. 49'ers... what 49'ers they're history. :eek:

411A
20th Oct 2001, 22:17
The malcontents never stood a chance anyway...

The Reaper
21st Oct 2001, 02:18
"Never, in the field of Industrial Relations, were so many shafted, by so few, for so little!"

With acknowledgements to Sir Winston Churchill.

Life is sweet indeed!

[ 20 October 2001: Message edited by: The Reaper ]

BAE146
21st Oct 2001, 09:27
oh boy, so the union has given up. I have a friend over here that wouldn't attend an interview with Cathay because of the ban. I have a feeling he will be kicking union @ss from now on. Have a feeling also that Cathay management by be doing the same thing. always thought you were a $hit stirrer 411A but guess you did know what you were talking about. My sympathy to the '49s but you all have the experience and when things pick up you will get jobs again outside Honk kong.

Lerxt
21st Oct 2001, 13:13
Sorry to disapoint you, but the pilots' at CX have not "given up". They are calling the managements' bluff and challenging them to talk, instead of making excuses. It worked and talks are happening from Tuesday. Industrial action will continue, at a higher pace, if the talks fail.

[ 21 October 2001: Message edited by: Lerxt ]

Full_Burner
21st Oct 2001, 14:27
Now let me get this straight; the industrial action didn't ( and was never going to ) get the Company back to the table. So if the outcome of the new talks is not satisfactory the Industrial Action is back ON??

Result >> more demotions and discipline and no closer to a deal.

I think the Union had just better continue the cave in. At least they will survive to cave-in another day.

ess jay
21st Oct 2001, 15:35
Maybe they suddenly felt their jobs were at risk?
Bad luck to the 49's, I guess the %5 pay sacrifice for these guys may stop aswell!

Lerxt
22nd Oct 2001, 16:31
Jealous of having one is it?
The action changed the companies attitude from we won't talk to we will talk. It also cost them a sh*tload of money.
Simple guys.

Turn and Burn
22nd Oct 2001, 19:35
The only 'simple guys' round here, Lerxt, are the ones who have been following the dictates of the AOA. We could have ramped up the A scales to pre 93 and given A scales to all new Captains if the AOA had had any sense. In that package, there would have been room to bring back the 49, or some of them. AOA are now weakened. They never learn.

Liam Gallagher
22nd Oct 2001, 23:16
Turn & Burn,

Presumably the "deal" to which you refer is the one contained in the document signed by the DFO and headed "Talks about Talks".

You clearly believe that document contained a genuine deal that the AOA apparently refused out of hand. I do not understand, and perhaps you can explain, how a meeting between low level representatives from each side aimed at establishing if there is sufficient common ground to warrant a meeting between the "mover and shakers", suddenly produces a binding deal which is rejected.

You will detect that I am sceptical of that document and KB's subsequent letter to the SCMP and applaud any efforts the AOA take to get him to the table to explain in full exactly what it is he is offering and what it is he seeks in return.