PDA

View Full Version : QANTAS March 2005 Course

HughFlungPoo
21st Feb 2005, 10:36
For info:

Did my psych testing Aug04
Medical/Sim/Interview Sep04
Security checks Nov04 with a "send update in Jan" letter.

Ref checks Feb05
Within a week of ref checks, phone call received for 07Mar05 start date.

Know of 3 ex-mil guys with the 07Mar05 start.

Good luck to all those trying.

Trigger Happy
22nd Feb 2005, 05:23
Congrads FLUNGHUGEPOO!
Have heard courses being run 7/8/9th March 2005.
Any ideas which day is doing which course?
What sort of numbers?

OBNO
27th Feb 2005, 10:12
Courses 7/8/9 March. 3 Ex Military on the 7th. Ok I'll have a guess, the Course on the 7th is "Just another Classic Monday!"

Trigger Happy
1st Mar 2005, 23:36
Cheers OBNO!
Are you one of the lucky ones to be attending either 7/8/9th?

low roller
3rd Mar 2005, 08:06
Congratulations everybody with start dates.

I am still waiting.
Psych tests in July
Sim/Int/Medical in Aug

Received letter stating file may progress after December 2004.

Now...nothing?

Anyone else with similar stories?

How long have people waited to receive OPG, reference and security paperwork?

I have called recruiting but am faced with hearing "...your file is where it is supposed to be..." Anyone with any clues what that means.

Congrats again to everybody starting soon.

LR

C-FTR
3rd Mar 2005, 21:33
LR
Going through much of the same, initial testing April 04. Sim, Medical and Interview mid June, letter in August advising on active considerationwith possible further progress after Feb 05. Nothing more than a queery on currency of medical after sending an update in Jan 05. 3 phonecalls made this year have all had the same response, file is being looked at, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks call back. Last call made 3 weeks ago and still nothing?
Best of Luck

kmagyoyo
3rd Mar 2005, 21:48
Low Roller,

I'm a similar boat as you;
Testing August
Sim etc Sept
Ref checks early Feb

My phone is conspicuous in its silence :uhoh:

I don't want to hassle recruiting but at which point do I give them a call???

p.s. congrats to all those with starts!

Trigger Happy
4th Mar 2005, 05:41
Congrads kmagyoyo!
Having got this far must be an awesome feeling.
Assuming Reference checks are OK you have nothing to worry about. Its only a matter of time now!
Keep enjoying yourself and it WILL happen in good time.
All the Best

low roller
4th Mar 2005, 07:27
Hello all,

coincidently, today I received a Medical History Renewal Form. I suppose it does not mean much, but at least they're looking at the file right?

Good to know i'm not the only one in this situation.

LR

stickshift
4th Mar 2005, 12:19
Unsuccessful Nov '04 applicant curious as to some opinions on the QF recruitment process - basically: what do QF want???

After what I thought was a fairly well performed day of stage 2 testing, got the dreaded "pi$$ off, you're out!" letter two weeks post testing. Phoned to get a more helpful explanation on what aspect I had failed only to be told "it's not QF policy to reveal that info". Let me be hypothetical for a moment and assume I did pass the maths/skills/etc... testing - this leaves me to conclude I didn't meet their particular mental profile which is so easily definable by those 'tick and flick' style Woman's Day profile questionaires <insert sarcasm symbol here!> I see it now, next month's cover of "Cleo" will have the articleFind out what type of QF pilot your lover is, take our 400 question quiz!. Does anyone actually know what the deal is with those quizzes, do QF really place much that weighting on them? (Possible rhetorical question that one!)

Don't want to bring down the positive & upbeat nature of this post - congrats to those that have/are on their way to a job, but any genuine feedback would be appreciated by a curious ex-wannabe.;)

Listening Watch
6th Mar 2005, 05:13
Thought I’d add my strange timeline of events

March 04 – Stage 2 Computer skills
March 04 – Stage 3 Sim/Interview/Medical
May 04 – Stage 4 OPG/Crim History checks (Included letter stating “may progress after Sept 04”)

Aug 04 Phone call – application moved back 12month but asked if interested in flying for Jetstar Asia as FO on A320.

Dec 04 Phone call – advising Jetstar Asia had enough startup crew and would consider a handful of Qantas applicants in Jan 05 but would not know until Mar 05 if needed. Told to call Qantas first to check status if Jetstar called.

Jan 05 Letter – Advising I may now progress after May 05.

Feb 05 Phone call 1 – requesting last three pages of logbook and emailed a Medical renewal Questionnaire.

Feb 05 Phone call 2 – requesting permission to conduct ref checks. Ref checks completed

How’s that for a nerve wrecking year of torture.

Good luck to all. My fingers are now crossed hoping for that last phone call.:ok:

Lw

152passenger
6th Mar 2005, 06:06
Hi
Congrats to all with starts
skills in Oct 04
interview early this year
Security Checks being undertaken
update march for possible progression after this date

Heard rumours of 20 for both april and may
Fingers crossed for a start soon for us all

Trigger Happy
7th Mar 2005, 01:24
Anyone know what A/C the pilots got starting QF ground school today? Was it just another "Classic" Monday?

ruprecht
7th Mar 2005, 01:58
They start at 1430 so I guess they'll find out very soon.

ruprecht
7th Mar 2005, 04:46
Todays course is on the A330. No idea of courses in the next 2 days.

donpizmeov
7th Mar 2005, 04:58
Ruprecht,

Are you a QF brat yet? If so what type did you end up on?

Enjoy it mate.

Don

ruprecht
7th Mar 2005, 05:11
Ahhhh..... Don of the desert!

Yes mate, ended up in QF in mid last year on the good ol' classic.

After 10 years of flying with a Flight Engineer, they still wouldn't let me fly unsupervised!

Ruprecht.

The Gimp
8th Mar 2005, 12:26
8th March 744 x 12

low roller
14th Mar 2005, 06:32
Received OPG and security paperwork today. Was also rung and asked about referee's details.

Good to know the wheels are in motion!

When is the next course due to start?

Anyone?

captwawa
14th Mar 2005, 11:59
Low Roller and all...

Just curious about how you think you faired in the Sim/Interview component. Did you think you went quite well or piss weak in the sim or somehwere in between.

And could you shed some light on when you did stage three testing?

I found the interview quite easy - not 'the interview of a lifetime' that I had planned for.

Any honest info is appreciated.

wawa :cool:

low roller
14th Mar 2005, 22:15
wawa,

Honestly, I thought I did ok in the sim. Probably about 7.5 out of 10. Within tollerance, but not perfect.

Interview was weird. I built it up to be this huge good cop bad cop thing, but it was pretty much friendly all the way through. They made it clear from the start that it was a behavioural interview and that set the tone from the outset. Personally, thinking back on it, some days I give myself 8 out of 10 for the interview, and other days I give my self 5 out of 10. Pretty hard to judge.

Overall, considering the amount of work I put in, I felt that I had given it my best shot.

LR

Valentine Rodondo
15th Mar 2005, 00:58
G'day guys, I also did my OPG and crim history last week. No reference checks yet.

How would you feel about being based in Singapore?

A/F Armed
15th Mar 2005, 22:15
Same for me. Did the OPG, handed in the Security paperwork and had the reference checks done on me last week. Re the Singapore base, I don't care, I just want to get a start and get out of G.A. Have heard about an April course and a May course being run. See you boys there.

captwawa
18th Mar 2005, 02:32
Thanks Low Roller

Did my testing in Dec - have not heard anything as yet - just been told my file is where it should be..... would like to know if I got through 3 or not - it's not that much too ask is it :)

Have heard that guys that did Stage 3 after me have already been given the 'no' letter so don't make sense of it.

Anyone else in the same boat?

:cool: