PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship...need help!

Bruno Silva
21st Feb 2005, 10:12
Hello,

what´s the best option to apply to a Sponsorship?
Beeing 20 but with only secondary education or beeing 23 or 24 with a bachelor?

BTW the bachelor is in Financial Management!:ok:

Thanks!!

scroggs
21st Feb 2005, 10:34
What sponsorship?

Scroggs

wobblyprop
21st Feb 2005, 10:37
apply to all of them at anytime. Having a degree might be more useful to you in later life though.

R T Jones
21st Feb 2005, 10:38
Let’s assume you mean the CTC scheme as that is the main sponsorship going at the moment. From accounts of people on the scheme a degree is not something that is necessary. Your personal skills and things outside school you have done are I would almost say more valid. Of course good grades in subjects helps however try and get your self involved in extra curricular things, the ATC for example. I have always been under the impression that you must prove to them with your achievements outside of school that you are the right person. Everyone will have academic qualifications, it’s up to you to make your self look better by other things you do.

Bruno Silva
21st Feb 2005, 20:55
Hi...yep, I was referring to CTC.

That´s a good point of view R T!!
I would love to be connected to ATC but unfortunely I must have a degree or a baccalaureate to do that here in Portugal!

I was considering to make my PPL in US asap and then move to the UK and apply to an airline for a cabin crew position, so that I could earn some money, get my face known inside the industry and study for my atpl while I was doing that!
Considering this option, do you think it´s better doing it now or 3 years from now with a baccalaureate!
All I want is to be a pilot so I just want to understand which will help me more!

Thanks everyone!!

:ok:

BitMoreRightRudder
21st Feb 2005, 23:10
The majority of guys (and girls) who have been through or are on the CTC scheme have degrees. Not saying you must have one though, as there have certainly been successful applicants without degrees.

Good Luck Bruno