PDA

View Full Version : BA 747 to accra

soups
20th Feb 2005, 22:45
Yesterday witnessed the arrival of one of BA?s biggest aircrafts Boeing 747 jumbo jet on the Accra route instead of the usual 767. The 350-seater aircraft would be on the route between 17th February to 10th March 2005.

The introduction of the aircraft according to BA?s management in Ghana headed by Esi Annor-Sackey offers the world's largest airline a rare opportunity to reward its valued customers through the offerings of a jumbo offer. It has consequently reduced its minimum fare from $840 to $450.

"We are delighted to have this and hope the travelling public will be excited too."

"Offers such as the Jumbo offer are not unusual in the airline business. British Airways regularly gives such offers to show appreciation to its valued customers".

"Flying a 747, which is a bigger aircraft on the Accra route, offers us a good opportunity to give such an offer. The product offerings that come with the Jumbo fares are what have put us ahead of other carriers. Our customers trust us and we in turn reward customer loyalty,"

Engineer
21st Feb 2005, 07:59
With the demise of Ghana Airways there must be a large void to fill

Gunship
21st Feb 2005, 15:47
Rumour 1 : BA did not have another choice than to put the 747 on the route due to maintenance / refitment of the normal 767.

Rumour 2 : All prices excl Taxes.

When you add the taxes the price is still more than the what the charters asks.

As I said ; a rumour I over heard a few times between the Charter oke's :E

soups
22nd Feb 2005, 09:06
I have flew on Flyjet charter to ACC and OH MY GOD!
my bag arrived 3 weeks late, seats where cramped and u could barely sit, everyone sat diagonaly.
we were only allowed 2 drinks and if we wanted more drinks we would have to pay this included water.
inbound flight delayed by 3 hours (not that bad) but we had an unschedule stop in Palma due to extra cargo. majority of passengers didnt get their bags as they made way for the cargo.
return flight was delyaed by 14 hours!! good thing i wasnt flying with britannia as it was delyaed for 3 days,
looks like they are following the footsteps of Ghana Airways.

Gunship
3rd Mar 2005, 06:37
Charterers did not have it easy lately.

From snow storm delays to turn arounds to the Tsunami disaster and and and ...

What I can tell you is that Flyjet made changes.

Max 210 pax allowed to avoid stop-overs and no more excess. Not the African way ... NIL !

PS: BA rep told me last night the max pax they get is 170 .... :E

The Same Flyjet had 40 overbookings Sat morning and BY and FJE was quite full for a mid - week.

AEU starts today by the way .. something is working ... :ok:

gatwicknose
4th Mar 2005, 16:19
The delay on flyjet was due to late return of another aircraft on Tsunami relief work....the aircraft did stop in palma but there was no cargo on board and never will be due to severe payload restrictions.

Baggage did not take three weeks to arrive.....as you can imagine finding space for 2000kg of bags at short notice is more than difficult...and with an average bag weight of 30.2 kilos for every one of the 210+++++ pax on board, such events are tough to avoid.