PDA

View Full Version : BA Iberia codeshare PAX diffrences

Stefan Stefanovic
20th Feb 2005, 19:50
I Arrived earlier today, on a BA Iberia codeshare flight.
I left on wenrsday from heathrow on a B757, good flight.
Today we returnd on a Iberian B757. We were travelling in economy. On the BA Flight we recieved free food and drinks. On the Iberian Flight we had to buy our food and tickets as if we were flying on a low cost no frills airline. I bought the tickets on the internet.

I thought if youre on a codeshare flight that services were sopposed to be the same Passenger services.

Could anybody inform me on is this legal or are there any rules apply to codeshared flights

bealine
21st Feb 2005, 09:31
Unfortunately, Stefan, you are not the first passenger to experience this and you certainly won't be the last!

Iberia and Aer Lingus have both stopped catering on short haul flights, yet British Airways continues to codeshare. Similarly, the "catering" on many American Airlines flights (with whom we also codeshare) consists of a paper bag containing some processed rubbish and a can of coke unceremoniously thrown at you in the jetway as you board.

I am not aware of any laws concerning codeshare agreements (but there ought to be) but please take the time to go to www.ba.com and complete the on-line customer relations form. It might generate some small recompense, but more importantly, the more of our customers who raise the issue, the higher the chances of BA pressurising Iberia to reinstate catering!!!

All the Best!

Globaliser
21st Feb 2005, 13:22
Stefan Stefanovic: I thought if youre on a codeshare flight that services were sopposed to be the same Passenger services.

Could anybody inform me on is this legal or are there any rules apply to codeshared flightsThe only rule is that the service levels will be those of the carrier operating the flight.

How did you book? If you'd booked on ba.com, you will have been warned about this at at least two stages during the booking process. If you booked through a travel agent and you weren't warned about this, then you should complain to them.

AJ
21st Feb 2005, 21:59
BA management are aware of the pax reaction (an employee posed similar questions at a recent meeting).

Their line (basically) is that it offers the customer a greater choice of frequencies between Spain and the UK, FF privileges and, perhaps more importantly, it brings in a lot of revenue for the airline.

I don't think they're about to drop the practise, and BA have little say on Iberia's levels of service.

Rather the opposite is the case; BA are reviewing their current practise of offering free food/drink on shorter flights.

To be honest, the 'food' currently offered on some of the shorter flights is pretty meagre, and many pax complain as it is.

Either fares go up, or something else goes...the Euro routes make no money.