PDA

View Full Version : Interesting new method for an upgrade

Vampy
20th Feb 2005, 17:50
Just wanted to know what cabin crew out there think about this. Personally I think it's a load of bo%%oc£$!! :O Hopefully the link will work!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3253&item=6511224468&rd=1

exmax
20th Feb 2005, 20:57
HI Vampy,

I agree with you, sounds like sh:mad: , it didn't look TOO obvious did it, using an Asiana and KLM aircraft in full colour scheme but blanked out names!!!:D

Human Factor
20th Feb 2005, 21:20
The best (hopefully unintentional) effort I saw was a couple of months or so ago. A pax severed his middle finger in a toilet door of all things. After being patched up, was offered an upgrade to give him more room and politely declined. A true gent.

The finger was subsequently reattached having flown most of the Atlantic in the fridge.

:uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

barry lloyd
20th Feb 2005, 22:42
£30?( Oops sorry £19.97!). For something which some guy has knocked up off his laptop? If it's so infallible, why didn't he go to a proper publisher with it, instead of trying to rip off the great British Public? The words 'urine' and 'extraction' come to mind, but I suppose there are a few chavs/numptys out there who will buy it...
In Matalan you could buy a decent shirt & tie for £20, which, arguably gives you more chance of an upgrade than this load of tosh.

Rabid Dog
21st Feb 2005, 07:32
Rabid Dog expresses his/her disagreement with the publication in question.

OzzieO
21st Feb 2005, 10:12
And your point is Rabid Dog???:D

Crepello
21st Feb 2005, 18:51
Quite frankly, if the guy can get the Cranially Underencumbered to part with 20 quid for this drivel, more power to his elbow. Fools and their money...

Echo Zulu Yankee
22nd Feb 2005, 12:16
Hi Guys, (Pilots are allowed in here aren't we?!)

I'd just like to stick an oar in here and mention a true upgrade story that happened to me last year.

I was taking my Girlfriend and my little sis on a "thank you for supporting me through ATPL my training" 4 days in Hong Kong leaving from LGW on BA.

My little sis (who is 14) has a teddy which she has always carried with her from birth and it even has its own "teddy passport" (You can get them from the bear factory:ok: ) with a little photo etc etc which I, totally accidentally, handed over to the lady on the check in desk.

After checking it over and me seeing this teddy passport on the desk while slowly turning a bright shade of red, I was just about to admit my mistake and ask for it back when she burts into a fit of giggles which she cant stop for a good minute.

Once she finally calms down she says its the sweetest thing she has seen in years and gives us all an upgrade (which was well appreciated on that long flight)

Feeling a bit cocky at the airport in HK on the way back I, not so accidentally, hand it over again...and guess what....Giggles and upgrade!

I felt rather guilty when I got home and promised myself I would never do it again. But boy was it funny!

Sorry...I shall leave now!

EzY

TightSlot
22nd Feb 2005, 14:41
Echo Zulu Yankee - Everyone's welcome in here, especially those clutching teddy bears!
:O

Rabid Dog
22nd Feb 2005, 14:42
My deepest apologies. I don't know what came over me.
I think it was a deep-seated, immediate and emotional reaction to the fact that someone can write such drivel and make lots of $s from gullible members of the public.
(PS. I'm a him).

scottwarnick
24th Feb 2005, 23:53
Rabid Dog you crack me up mate!

Tight Slot... what sort of name is that???... No need to boast!

lexxity
25th Feb 2005, 14:39
I wish I'd thought of this, you can bet he's selling loads of copies. Why don't we all do another book and sell it for £18.99? Basically we buy the book and reword it. Any takers?

christep
26th Feb 2005, 04:22
EzY,

You were flying from LGW to Hong Kong on BA last year?

I think not.

And I guess what's in this book are just the hints & tips that are available for free thorugh various online frequent flyer forums.

Rachie
2nd Mar 2005, 21:41
I heard an interesting one today - being upgraded after boarding the aircraft (i.e. actually sat in seats)

last rows of economy up to first
:suspect: