PDA

View Full Version : Qatar vs Bahrain

TAF Oscar
20th Feb 2005, 14:53
I have Searched and I am not interested in debating the pros and cons of QR... There, that out of the way...

I am based in Bahrain the last few years and only made the odd day trip to Doha. I now have an offer to move there with my family. Previous threads suggest Qatar very similar to Bahrain. Is that a fair assessment?

Anybody lived in both care to comment?

crazy_max
20th Feb 2005, 20:31
Never lived in either place, but have spent lots of time in both places.
Bahrain is one of my favourite places anywhere in the world.....I always felt safe and locals I met were always friendly, unlike their cousins from across the causeway.
In Doha I felt safe enough, but I do prefer Bahrain.....
I hear that things are improving greatly in Doha, more things to do now....
That is just my humble opinion.
Take care,

Golden Parrot
20th Feb 2005, 22:22
Doha: You will never understand the place until you live there, then you're screwed because you don't want to leave anymore!;)

Haven't spent enough time in Bahrain to comment.

A300Man-2005
21st Feb 2005, 03:58
Would concur with Golden Parrot. Doha has a nice kinda feel to it, although expanding, which can only be realised once you are in the place.

Bahrain is also very nice, and the locals are magnificent. Bahrain does, however, receive a huge influx of people from a neighbouring GCC Kingdom at the weekends though, which sometimes can be a bit crazy!

Both cities are buckling a little bit under the strain of huge increase in volume of road traffic, especially Doha. It's the only off putting factor for me personally.