PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Airline Private Forum?

thrustidle74
20th Feb 2005, 12:05
Hi,

Anybody knows what happened to the " Emirates Private Forum"?
I can't see it in the list anymore...

Thrustidle74

EGGW
20th Feb 2005, 18:29
Died due to lack of interest, talking to some there was a belief that the security of our anonymity was not as it should have been, shame.

EGGW.

Shake
21st Feb 2005, 04:28
I think that EGGW is right. The 'private' forum is in effect very 'public' in that it is in full view of the company who would view any criticism as an attack and unacceptable.

One rumour was that at least one poster in the past was contacted by the company sometime after a less than complimentary comment was made... Another rumour was that the security dept at EK was asked if it would actively look into trying to trace any EK postings on the open forums Pprune.

It is ironic that at a time that we are trying to improve the comms (TCAS) between the company and pilots, the apparent feeling of distrust and vindictivness indemic in EK management has meant that any attempt to communicate 'openly' has been marginalised to an open public forum which generally slags off the company which benefits niether side of a widening gulf (no pun intended).

Emma Rate
21st Feb 2005, 10:29
Sorry, I should have posted this yesterday:

I asked the guys in the UK to remove the forum as:
1. I got a bit tired of being the moderator after more than 4 years. I posted for a new moderator, but got no replies.
2. I only gave out the occasional access permission.
3. Only a few posts were made each month.

Shame, as it could work and it is the only forum we've got.

Currently, the forum has only been hidden from view. If you feel like being the next moderator sent me a private message and you can start the forum again after it has been 'unhidden'!

Emma Rate

Shake
21st Feb 2005, 11:14
Emma,

Thanks for the info.

Just for the record, could you confirm the integrity of such a forum ie: whether it is capable of being 'open' enough to be of use or would it be relatively easy to infiltrate and find out the identities of the posters?

Unfortunately, in the current climate of distrust, if it cannot offer anonymity to those who wish it or consider it necessary, the forum is all but useless and posts will continue in the public domain.

As for being its moderator; a poisoned chalice if ever there were one.

thrustidle74
21st Feb 2005, 19:24
Thanks for the replies,

Shame that it collapsed just before I join EK.:{

Cheers

sluggums
24th Feb 2005, 05:12
I for one would be happy to see it resurected, however what has to be found is a method for allowing genuine EK people to be vetted and given access without them having to reveal their real name, any ideas? :ok:

Fluke
24th Feb 2005, 11:22
Thrustidle74

You could try the forum section of the Emirates Pilots Club website. The forum section works much like this site but needs more exposure.

myepc.org (http://www.myepc.org)

Regards