View Full Version : CX Cadet Pilots

b
28th Jul 2001, 04:55
Can someone provide me with informaiton (besides that available on the CX website) on what and how the selection procedure is? What is the typical profile of people who apply (and get accepted!)?

Immel Man
28th Jul 2001, 18:51
b, the road is long and hard so brace yourself. You will be interviewed and tested to the limit. Starts with an intial interview and you'll do some computer hand eye coordination, psych and maths tests. If you pass that, then you will have a basic medical. Pass that and you're on to the next round of interviews which are more comprehensive and requires you studying for some tech questions covering airframes, aerodynamics, meterology and turbines. Also, there is more maths testing and a flight planning exercise. Get through that and you'll head to Adelaide for 7 hours of flying. This is pretty full on and you'll be expected to perform well. Finally, pass that and you're into the final round of interviews and a full medical. That's pretty much it. Cover everything you wanted to know?

b
29th Jul 2001, 04:30
That seems really hard. I thought the website says no previous flying experience is necessary?

Chunks
29th Jul 2001, 19:04
How strict are CX on eyesight? Do you automatically disqualify if you wear glasses?

Thanks Chunks

sigma
30th Jul 2001, 00:42
No No.
I hear that this is not the case.
Feel Free to Email me as I have been through the painful process. :D

Guru
30th Jul 2001, 04:40
Amongst the current cadets there are at least three who wear glasses so I don't think they are an automatic rejection.

Immel Man
31st Jul 2001, 07:33
B- I didn't say anything about prior experience. You don't need it. Yes it is tough but slots are limited and it's no cake walk when you're down there so they need to vett their candidates pretty harshly. If it seems to tough for you, suggest you consider something else.

Rest - Glasses are not a limiting factor, but there are limits.