View Full Version : With a Hop ... a Jump ... right Now

Lite
18th Feb 2005, 13:48
Can anybody tell me what happened to the two very high profile proposed budget airlines Now Airlines & Flyhop, as well as the LCY start-up Jump Airways? All the "airlines" did have websites & contact information, and whilst I did read that Now & Hop seem to have folded up their operations, there were strong rumours that the companies were trying to rebuild their business plans.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has contacts or information on these three "companies"?

VIKING9
18th Feb 2005, 16:12
NOW AIRLINES

"Following the problems with completing the agreed funding for the Now Airlines project, the launch has been deferred until further notice.

Now Airlines Ltd has been put into receivership and any contacts should be made directly to
The Official Receivers Office, 1st Floor Trident House 42-48 Victoria Street St Albans AL1 3HR

A plan for the re-structuring of the group is being considered.

We obviously regret the measures taken, particularly in respect of the tremendous support from staff, partners and suppliers, and all the good efforts for Now to happen.

We do of course realise this announcement is very disappointing. However, we have an excellent team behind us and we hope that as a result of our efforts a strong airline will emerge for our passengers, staff and shareholders alike. "

Lite
18th Feb 2005, 19:16
VIKING9, thank you very much for that press statement with regards to Now Airlines. Where did you find that information and are there contact details?

VIKING9
18th Feb 2005, 20:06
You'll find that if you contact the receiver, you'll get some answers.

Failing that, you will find some ex NOW staff here (http://www.ventana-aviation.com/pages/peopl.htm)

airhumberside
19th Feb 2005, 15:06
The Jump website reports plans to fly from Cambridge to a Paris Airport/EDI/GLA/BHD/DUB/JER/AMS

jetstream7
19th Feb 2005, 22:19
airhumberside / Lite

Jump = schoolboy fantasy... so just forget that you ever heard about it.

egnxema
21st Feb 2005, 08:23
Jump Airlines is a virtual airline run by some very enthusiastic young guys. Interesting - but will only ever fly on your nearest PC.

;)

Lite
28th Feb 2005, 19:35
Thanks for all of your help! I'm trying to get in touch with some people from Now & Hop, and I've sent off a letter to the Now administrators to get some more information, but I cannot find anything on anyone from Hop. Can someone PM me if there's anyone you know?