PDA

View Full Version : Qatar to Further Increase Indian Services

A300Man-2005
18th Feb 2005, 08:37
Qatar Airways has announced that it plans to further increase its flights to India, with services to Bangalore from Doha to start before the summer 2005.

Initially, QR will serve Bangalore as a destination for its cargo operation, commencing in March/April 2005, with passenger services targetted to commence in June 2005.

Both services (pax and cargo) are to be operated using Airbus A300-600R aircraft.

=======

The new services to Kansai, planned to start on 31st March 2005 using an Airbus A330-200, will now operate four times a week, instead of the original plan for thrice weekly services.

A300Man

A300Man-2005
21st Feb 2005, 10:18
In addition to this, QR will also increase its services to Bahrain from 4 to 5 per day, starting from today.

It is probably the only route on the QR network that sees the entire fleet type deployed: A319, 320, 321, 300, 332, 333!!!

rsoman
26th Feb 2005, 10:01
Actually in Summer 2005 , QR will see a decrease in overall capacity to India!

HYD should come down from 12 to 3, similar dramatic changes for COK, TRV etc.

Result of the winter "open skies" hospitality of the Indian government coming to a close! GF for one I understand wont be too unhappy in welcoming the Indian summer as they have been complaining too much about QR over enjoying the winter goodies!

Where is the excess capacity now going to be redeployed?

A300Man-2005
1st Mar 2005, 08:32
Hi Rsoman

They are doing a little bit of reorganisation methinks, since BKK will now become double-daily from 25th March 2005, taking the total number of services from 6 per week, to 14.

However, they will Airbus A332 for this, so my guess is that the A320/A300 capacity on the Indian routes will be redeployed intra gulf, allowing releasing the A332s for more Asian services, if what you posted above is indeed to happen.

However, KUL, CGK, SIN are all supposed to move to A332 ops as well, as opposed to the current A300-600, as are MUC, VIE and MXP.

Don't really know how they will manage all of that with the current size of the A332 fleet.

A300Man

vfenext
1st Mar 2005, 11:25
Amazing stuff! They only carried 3 million pax last year, shouldn't they try to fill the existing routes before adding more? Anyway it's standard QR logic I suppose. BTW 3 million represents only half of the pax carried by their nearest rival, and their fleet has twice the capacity.

rsoman
1st Mar 2005, 11:54
To clarify my earlier post

For the last few years, the Indian govt is having a limited "open skies" policy during winter months (Oct to Mar). Basically this allows carriers to easily obtain approvals to increase flights much beyond their sanctioned capacity during this period. Main condition is that the airline should already have been operating the route earlier.

This explains the reason why QR increased the frequency by a big way on routes like HYD,COK, TRV etc, esp in the case of the first two, they earlier had limited frequencies. They are not the only carrier by any means to take advantage, Emirates for instance has increased their weekly DXB HYD flights from 8 to 14. But regarding the total quantum increase, QR has had the maximum increase for any carrier.

As mentioned, these services will have to go once summer starts. The policy may continue in the coming years also , although recent developments like allowing pvt carriers like Jet and Sahara on international routes (although not yet to Middle East for which they have to wait another three years) as well as the open skies agreement with US may force the Indian government to rethink.

popay
1st Mar 2005, 16:59
A 300 Man,
I don’t know in particular all the commercial plans, but from what I know we going to get 4 A 330 this year. Maybe this will answer your question. But could turn out like last year instead of planned 4 we got 8 A 330.
Cheers.

Qatari515
2nd Mar 2005, 11:38
Glad to see somebody is reading the latest A330 ops revue...

Good!

popay
2nd Mar 2005, 17:14
Thanks QR 515, appreciate your comment. I also read topic about commands: “Promotion will continue for all F/O’s, who meet the requirements for command as laid down in part A. New commands will be offered on the fleets that have the most requirements.”
Well that’s the official statement; I hope this will take place because that will make it a good deal for experienced F/O, despite 3 years.
Cheers.

:8

A300Man-2005
3rd Mar 2005, 08:19
Qatar Airways will also start new services on 2nd May, from Doha to Tunis, extension Algiers.

The thrice weekly services will operate on a mixture of A320/319 and A300-600 aircraft.

So, another purpose for the aircraft that will come spare from the Indian services!!!!

sex-yesplease
3rd Mar 2005, 17:53
Hello all...I have filled out my application for QR, sent it in, got the form letter reply that my details are on file and will be contacted in the future.

This was late December. No reply as yet. A colleague who has lower experience and no A320 type rating (and applied after me) was called for interview this month.

What gives? How long should it take to get a call?

Cheers

popay
4th Mar 2005, 00:59
sex-yesplease, sorry cant give you sex, but an advise maybe. Don’t wait just call them your self, nothing wrong with that. They are very busy; you know how the office fellows work sometimes. You forget that, you miss this and so on…its natural.
So don’t hesitate just give them a call.
Cheeers.