PDA

View Full Version : QF Perth Short Haul

QFRegional
18th Feb 2005, 07:10
As a QF Regional I am considering selecting Perth as a base preference.

I am fully prepared to go to Perth and serve my time, however, I have my life and family here in Sydney and would like to know how everything works within QF before I make any decisions:

1. Do you place your name on the transfer list once you have completed ground school? Or can this be done the day you join short haul?

2. How are the transfers currently going out of Perth, how long would the wait be over a year?

3. With high senority within the base would it be possible to get your hours up quickly and have the rest of the month off?

4. Are port swaps common between say Sydney and Perth crew?

Just generally what do you guys think (this is anyone generally). Would it be better to be in QF Short Haul Perth base or wait at Eastern for god knows how long for a Melbourne or Sydney base?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

bolto_79
18th Feb 2005, 21:15
QF Regional

Good luck with your progresion into QF Mainline

But I am abit concerned with just coming to the Perth base just to get full time in QF.

In the Perth base we have had a few people (NOT ALL) complain even before completing 1 pattern from Perth, and say they cant wait to leave Perth and transfer back to the East.

Im not saying that you would be like that. But the advice I give you, that the QF staff that are Perth based dont enjoy the bagging of the base and the city which is their home!

Ill try and answer your questions the best way I can:

1. You can place your name on the transfer list on the day you join shorthaul

2. You will most likely be here for a year or even longer

3. Depends where you fit in with the senority (there could be a good chance of L/H to S/H transfers in the Perth base which will push you down the list as these people are very senior) so this could effect the trips you get and the time you get off

4. Port swaps are not that common, but do happen!

The Perth base has fantasic crew that makes everybody welcome!

Its really up to you which opition you take, and I understand Sydney is home. but which is more important a job with QF, or being with family and friends??? thats what you have to really figure out

Good luck with which way you go!, and if you need any more advice or have any questions please let me know

cheers

Bolto

QFRegional
23rd Feb 2005, 01:51
Thanks for the reply bolto_79, its greatly appreciated.

I suppose its like anything with QF these days, no-one knows where they are going you just get a call out of the blue and if that happens to be for Perth Short Haul, permanent I dont think there would be many people who would say no even if they didnt want to be in Perth. In my case being regional progression Im just keeping my options open.

If I end up in Perth I will be committed to the base and give 110% just as I do now everytime I go to work.

Once again thanks for your assistance.