PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail - can't log in

aiglon
16th Feb 2005, 20:56
Hi,

Have any other hotmail users received an email telling them to visit the hotmail site? Aparently, it is to stop email machines using hotmail accounts; you have to manually log in and enter a code which is jumbled up to prevent it being machine read. The problem is, I enter the code correctly but keep being returned to the .NET Passport login screen :* :* :mad:

Worse still, there doesn't seem to be any way of actually contacting any kind of support :* The suggestion of logging onto my account and clicking on the "Help" button is particularly frustrating :mad: :mad:

Aiglon

BEagle
17th Feb 2005, 11:36
Nope - mine's working fine...

aiglon
17th Feb 2005, 15:11
Bah, I've obviously done something to upset them :(

Aiglon

Memetic
19th Feb 2005, 10:19
Aiglon

I'm in paranoid mode here...

Did you recieve this email on your Hotmail account?

If so are you certain it actually came from Hotmail?

If no to either or both of the above, get into your Hotmail account NOW and change the password, you may have been a victim of "Phishing" where fake emails and websites are used to get people's account details, typically for online banking, email accounts, ebay etc. which they can then use for fraud.

Regards, hoping I'm wrong.

Memetic

Engineer
19th Feb 2005, 14:51
Try logging in using MSN messenger

aiglon
21st Feb 2005, 13:13
Memetic,

I must admit, that thought did occur to me. However, I didn't follow a link from the email to the Hotmail login (the link supplied didn't work :* ) rather, I went direct. Therefore, I am confident that this is genuine.

I have registered a new account and sent them an email asking for help but so far - deafening silence :*

Engineer,

Try logging in using MSN messenger

I have never used that - how do I access it?

Aiglon

maxell
21st Feb 2005, 13:28
Try Here (http://memberservices.passport.net/) and then i forgot my password see if you can reset it. You may get the comment your account has been locked (or something like that ) to prevent unauthorised access, if you do try again the next day

Hope you sort it

Max

Memetic
21st Feb 2005, 13:51
If you are not worried about changing email addresses perhaps Gmail may be a good option?

I think they fulll open now, if not I have a couple of invites.

VBR

Memetic.

Tron049
21st Feb 2005, 18:48
1. close down all firewall's

2. log in using www.hotmail.msn.com

3. make sure www.hotmail.com is in your trusted zone.

This just worked for me