PDA

View Full Version : Plane launches missile near Iran nuke plant

Navaleye
16th Feb 2005, 12:47
Is uncle Sam at it again or Israel ?

Sky here (http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1171222,00.html)

Cause for concern.

Fg Off Max Stout
16th Feb 2005, 12:58
Or is it Iran being devious? A little bit of tactical bullsh@t and reverse psychology to further it's political/military/diplomatic/nuclear strategic aims. I wouldn't put it past them. Also given the amount of radar coverage in that part of the world, on both sides, I can't imagine any coventional aircraft being untrackable and remaining unknown for long.

And, we still want our boats back!

Navaleye
16th Feb 2005, 13:09
Israel has denied any involvement. I doubt they would miss in any event.

And, we still want our boats back!

Yes we do.

ORAC
16th Feb 2005, 13:14
.....Later reports suggested a fuel tank may have fallen off an Iranian plane. :rolleyes:

SilsoeSid
16th Feb 2005, 13:29
I can't imagine any coventional aircraft being untrackable and remaining unknown for long.
Perhaps 'they' used an unconventional one! :rolleyes:

I for one would like to be a bit further than 12 miles away if I was engaging a nuclear power plant.

The best comment for the British public, as the rest of the world doesn't seem to be affected by these things;

Oil prices rose sharply after news of the explosion.

Nuclear power plant, oil prices, how does that work? :confused:

chippy63
16th Feb 2005, 14:11
Sid,
usual kneejerk reaction. Tension/unpleasantness in the middle east= higher oil prices on the exchanges.

SilsoeSid
16th Feb 2005, 14:38
http://news.ft.com/cms/s/db726adc-8023-11d9-bd50-00000e2511c8.html

"A powerful explosion was heard this morning on the outskirts of Dailam........
...........Dailam is about 100 miles (160 km) from the nuclear power plant."

That will be the Americans then!! ;)

especially as........
........"Senior Israeli security sources denied any Israeli military involvement."

Razor61
16th Feb 2005, 15:12
Russian Embassy officials in the area where the explosion was 'thought' to be told the BBC that they didn't hear a thing and saw nothing either.
Other reports suggest:-
1. that people saw/heard a jet overhead and anti-aircraft was making it's way skywards followed by a large explosion.
2. Iranian aircraft dropped one of it's tanks
3. Iranian friendly fire incident after one of it's plane was seen to fire a missile in the area off the coast.

Make your own mind/story up, it seems that is what everyone else in Eyeran is doing at the moment.

Seeing as that area is so close to Kuwait and on the Gulf Coast also, there is bound to be a lot of 'cat and mouse' between the USN and Iranian Air Force.....like the Turks and Greeks used to behave.

Noah Zark.
16th Feb 2005, 17:37
Oil prices rose sharply after the explosion
Just any excuse, isn't it?
Lets hope they have fallen just as sharply now the dust has apparently settled.

VP8
16th Feb 2005, 18:41
Turns out it was demolition at a near by Dam build!!!

VEEPS:(

Flip Flop Flyer
17th Feb 2005, 11:11
Demolition of a dam, eh? Hmm, lemme see. Yes, that absolutely proves that the ME is full of explosives! Better raise the oil price then ...:yuk:

antipodean alligator
18th Feb 2005, 09:32
Are you sure it wasn't a USN formation that just bombed the bright ****?