PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer 6

MightyGem
16th Feb 2005, 02:35
Just had IE6 installed on our computers at work. The right button on the mouse no longer does anything, ie bring up a menu.

It also doesn't "automatically forward", eg after posting, anymore either.

Any solutions anyone?

amanoffewwords
16th Feb 2005, 07:24
Maybe they're part of the security settings set by your employer?

Charles

BOAC
16th Feb 2005, 07:28
As amofw says, it is not uncommon for system admins to disable this function to stop people changing important things that could affect the whole system. Have a word with them. Of course, that will mean admitting to them that you are 'browsing'..................:D

speech
16th Feb 2005, 16:02
Well, I also have a problem with IE6 at home for some weeks now. I can't click on some links and be forwarded. It works for instance on pprune (that's the most important, right), but it doesn't work on all links on the windows update website. I finally had enough and installed Firefox and I am pretty happy with it, except that I don't have the Adobe toolbar anymore (for converting the page to pdf format). Does anyone know how to install the Adobe toolbar in Firefox or have any idea how to solve that IE problem ?

BOAC
16th Feb 2005, 17:02
Had a similar problem with links a while back, Speech. I THINK it was fixed by running the IE 'repair' function.