PDA

View Full Version : The Seer speaks!

The_Cutest_of_Borg
16th Feb 2005, 02:25
The Qantas crew bus driver, that seer of seers, that prognosticator of prognosticators (except for the groundhog of course) emerged reluctantly, but alertly from his cab and has confidently predicted an order by QF, to be announced tomorrow 17 Feb, of 23 777's and 20 options.

Of course I am inclined to believe him because flying said 777 is my dream, but we shall see.

If it proves true, I propose we declare every 17th Feb; Qantas Crew Bus Driver Day.

Watch this space!!

Howard Hughes
16th Feb 2005, 02:40
Now Borgie, or is that Cutie? I'm not quite sure.

Could you please check with your seer and get some info for the lotto this saturday?

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

Three Bars
16th Feb 2005, 02:46
I believe that the QF finacial results may be out tomorrow - so anything's possible.

PS - a 777 slot for me please!

schnauzer
16th Feb 2005, 03:19
Hop in line three bars!

If the crew bus driver knows, why didn't the Townsville refueler?

The_Cutest_of_Borg
16th Feb 2005, 03:43
Yes, if it does prove true..(any time in the next few months is ok with me actually...) then I hope they have crowd control provisions in place in the allocations section or it could get ugly.

Keg
16th Feb 2005, 07:24
Of course though Borg, you're stuffed now that you speak french! You'll be locked in with the Bus whilst us young bucks get to fly the real deal!:} (Or in my case, hopefully pick up a residual 767 command! :ok: )

I'm not convinced it'll be tomorrow that its announced. There was a news item on Ch10 tonight about the imminent unveiling of the 777-200LR which '...can fly SYD-LHR...' Maybe it will pan out as my source of a few weeks back reckons. They'll load the thing up with punters, cargo and fuel and arrive in Sydney after flying non-stop from London and THAT is where we'll announce the order. I hope so anyway! :}

MkVIII
16th Feb 2005, 07:58
About time Qantas caught up with the rest of the world!

I can understand the politics behind buying the A330 (and the A320 for Jetstar), but why Qantas never selected the 777 is a bit of a mystery. I hope they DO buy it, either to replace the now elderly 744 fleet, or to give Airbus a serious run for their franc against options on the A380.

Only time will tell, but a fleetwide upgrade is so desperately needed for Qantas, especially whilst the A330 continues to be UNDER-utilised.

The_Cutest_of_Borg
16th Feb 2005, 23:38
No announcement....:( I guess he saw his shadow!

My faith in the innerrancy of the Qantas crew bus driver is shattered!

Oh well, there is always the May board meeting..

:E

argusmoon
18th Feb 2005, 06:41
Sometimes the bus drivers are a little off with their timing but the information is almost always on the money.
So......Keep the faith,they are looking.

Pete Conrad
19th Feb 2005, 02:39
Borg, not all is lost, the BNE engineers reckon 777's are on the way!!!

blueloo
19th Feb 2005, 03:21
Ah yes, the new Tupelov 777's