PDA

View Full Version : B206 Checklists

Haggis Hunter
14th Feb 2005, 18:49
JetBanger Checklist's:

Hey Guys,

Wondering if any of you guys could pm me a nicely laid out 206 checklist as the one I have at the moment is about the same size as the collins english dictionary, I find it way too detailed and would like to compare it to others.

Thanks in advance!

HH:cool:

Ascend Charlie
31st Mar 2006, 22:10
If you can't be bothered using the proper checklist, try this one: (works for all aircraft)

Preflight. Walk around the aircraft, looking at the interesting bits. Don't peer too intently at any part, or cluck your tongue, because it makes the engineers nervous.

Write the date and your initials on the window with a chinagraph pencil. Don't store the pencil in the engine intake, as we lose too many chinagraphs that way.

Leap onto the step in the manner of a knight of old leaping onto his charger.

Pick yourself up from the ground, ignore the big scrape on your shin, enter the cockpit. If the cyclic is in your left hand and collective in your right, it is not the fault of the mechanics. Wave to the mechanic cheerfully, and turn around the other way.

Arrange the knobs and switches in a pleasing and eye-catching manner. The engine should start. Make it look as if you are ignoring the mechanic waving frantically at you, while you turn off the engine, walk down the back and untie the rotor.

Repeat the previous step, and fly away. Easy.

(Apologies to the author of "How to Phly a Phantom", shame I had to leave out the bit of "advance the throttle to afterburner, and roll smoothly over the chocks."):ok:

northseawannabe-not
1st Apr 2006, 00:46
As far as I remember it is a very simple flow pattern for the 206 , much easier than the checklist. Ending with boost pumps on and engine start maiking sure T5 doesn't touch 810. I may be wrong but from what I can remember from about 1000hrs on jetrangers is that the flow pattern works much better than the checklist. Happy trails :)

rotaryman
1st Apr 2006, 01:22
Maybe this will help:)

Bell 206 CheckList..

Cowls and latches secured,boot closed,all covers removed,rotor Untied.
PRE START....

Weight and balance - Checked.
Doors - Secure
Pedals - Adjusted
Harness - Secure
Flight Controls - Full and Free Movement
Neutral,Frictions ON!
Throttle - Checked/Closed
Battery/Aux Power - On/Conected
Landing Light - Off
Beep Switch - Decrease
Anti Ice - Off
Hydraulics - ON
Fuel Valve - ON
Radio's/ Avionics - SET
Engine Instruments - Condition,TOT Noted
Flight Instruments - Condition, Alt-set
Generator - OFF
Other Switches - Off
Overhead CB's - IN
Warning Lights - Test
Low RPM Warning - Test (if fitted)
Fuel Boost Pumps - Checked

START..

Rotors - Clear & Untied
Anti-Collision Light - ON
Starter - Engage
OIL Presure - Rising
TOT - At or Below 150 Degree;s
At 15% N1 - Throttle Idle
TOT - Monitor
By 25% N1 - Rotors Turning
58%-60% - Release Starter
Eng/Xmsn Oil Preesure - Check

Check - TQ,N1,-2 TOT, (idle 60%-62%)
Aux Power - Disconnect,Battery On
After 1 Min at Idle - N1 70%,greater ON (note Load)
Radios.Avionics - On and Set
Control Frictions - OFF
Flight Controls - Checked
Hydraulics - Checked
Throttle - Fully Open ( Torque Below 30psi)
Beep Range - Check 97-100,set 100%

Hope this helps!! :}

Bravo73
1st Apr 2006, 07:20
Haggis Hunter,

Try asking KikoLobo.

He produced a very nice one for another site with was (surprisingly!) accurate. He might even tailor it to the actual a/c you fly. ie auto relight yes/no, floats yes/no etc etc.

Just beware of all the usual provisos - ie the manufacturer's checklist should be the only one to use.

HTH,

B73

Heli-Ice
3rd Apr 2006, 00:15
Here's a simple version....

Check helicopter in one piece,

Check if it smells of Jet A1,

Chech if oil drips somewhere out of helicopter, (it should, otherwise your'e out of oil),

Strap bum in cockpit,

Hit most worn buttons,

Chech noise increasing,

Helicopter still in one piece,

Take off when noise is high enough. :cool:

eagle 86
3rd Apr 2006, 01:43
"Full and Free Movement" without engine start/hydraulics - don't think this is a good idea.
GAGS
E86

John Eacott
3rd Apr 2006, 02:02
"Full and Free Movement" without engine start/hydraulics - don't think this is a good idea.

Why not? Bell seem to agree, it's in their Engine Prestart Checklist :rolleyes:

Ascend Charlie
3rd Apr 2006, 02:09
Easy enuf in a jetRanger, KJ, but not so easy in a Huey. Can't you do it in a Kerwala?

And you don't wanna do "full and free" with the blades turning unless you are testing the static stops or keeping angry natives away.:sad:

B Sousa
3rd Apr 2006, 04:44
Lots of Checklists out there, but the one important thing if your wandering from B206 to B206 is what type of starter does it have. Bendix its OK to fire it off at 15%. Do that in a Ceco start and you will light of the engine and tailboom....... (Its a Modulated Start similar to the Long Ranger series)
Keep it in mind. I always ask that when in a different B206.........

Thanks John

John Eacott
3rd Apr 2006, 05:14
At the risk of being pedantic, it's a CECO FCU: made by Chandler Evans :ok:

eagle 86
3rd Apr 2006, 06:22
AC,
No.
GAGS
E86