View Full Version : Any updated info. with Capt M

Sweet FA
2nd May 2001, 19:59
Hi does anyone have an update on Capt M?

Is he gone for good? (nuts in the bar)

Personally I think he is a nice guy and sure paid a price if his status hasn't changed.

Thank you and hugs in advance

Herb
3rd May 2001, 05:24
New ammunition in production!
http://www.cnn.com/video/us/2001/05/01/jm.peanut.tour.affl.med.html

ils747
4th May 2001, 08:28
Having heard anymore on the subject. Seems to have quientened down.

Thrust
4th May 2001, 11:25
Don't know if there is ANY TRUTH in this but I heard a rumour that the dismissal letter was in the hands of a well known HK lawyer (that has served several cabin crew well recently)

I really hope this action, by a CEO out on the "piss", is dragged through the HK courts and the CEO's ego gets a battering! I could no longer care about the damage to CX's reputation. Our "leaders" make me sick(er)

DirtyDawg
5th May 2001, 19:20
arrrrrrrr

Right on. He must have slurred those words when he went over to the table to ask for the names of thos present.

"diid, Ahh I mean who threw your name peanuts at me i'm the C? D/ P? ahhh CEO...i think" "Give me your Carlsbe...I mean namessssss"

Woof Woof Woof

Goroundflap
12th May 2001, 18:21
Capt M lost final appeal the other day for throwing a handfull of nuts. What happens if you run off the runway... "firing squad".. It's nice to see the HK courts finally catching up with some of our overworked management executives in HK. Check this out.. so much for common sense and natural justice.
http://hk-imail.singtao.com/inews/public/article_v.cfm?articleid=22001&intcatid=1

Herb
12th May 2001, 19:57
what happens if you get airborne with a gear pin still in...al la lik fly?

HUSTLER
12th May 2001, 20:07
HERB, I gave you more credit!!

Silly question, You become DFO of course !!

BTW I dont think those LOFT sims are quite so stupid anymore!!!

[This message has been edited by HUSTLER (edited 12 May 2001).]

jagman
12th May 2001, 20:44
If you do a walkround and miss the gear pins you cannot possibly have done your check correctly. Can you imagine what would happen if we did that.
The person in question is a coward and a cheat because in normal circumstances making a mistake is not a hanging offence - we all make them and should have the guts to own up so that others may learn. His co-cowards are covering up for him and it simply shows the calibre of the whole lot of them.
Cowardly dishonourable bullies.....
Good luck with your court case Darby.

HUSTLER
12th May 2001, 21:08
GENERAL NOTICE BOOK

On a recent walkaround I neglected to check if the gear pins were still in. The flight proceeded to KL with the gear down.

Please conduct the walkarounds with due vigilance as this is an example of how easily it is for us all to become complacent.

Yours Sincerely,

Checkmate
13th May 2001, 07:26
My mole tells me that Liks FO was the DTrg manager. Promotions all round then.

jagman
13th May 2001, 09:14
Hustler - Yes exactly what I was thinking. Wouldn't it be refreshing to read something like that. What do we get instead? Investigations into 'Maintenance procedures' and excuses about flags being wrapped around things in the windy horrid conditions. What a bl**dy waste of everyone's time.
Own up Rick - you only made a mistake - don't add dishonesty and cowardice too. We'll still admire you - really...........

Herb
13th May 2001, 10:23
DFO: Dear Capt Herb please explain your actions..

Capt Herb: Well it was windy and dark and horrible and...

DFO: Shutup..loss of seniority and letter on file and no Bali temp base for 57 years and if we catch you doing it again....

CH: You mean your not going to issue a notice to crew warning them about incompetent maintenance crew and cover up the whole affair?

DFO: WHAT!@#$%???

( it was actually broad daylight, Cavok ,Calm gusting to not calm from the north by the way)

:)

[This message has been edited by Herb (edited 13 May 2001).]

SeldomFixit
13th May 2001, 13:36
In all fairness, for the ground engineers not to have picked this up is inexcuseable. I admit both tech and ground crews stuffed up bigtime but where was the entry in the tech log stating that gear pins had been borh installed and removed ? When asked by my juniors how many people should carry out a departure walkaround, my answer is always " as many as you can find"

Herb
13th May 2001, 13:57
We are not debating the cause of the incident here.Have a close look!

Edmund Spencer
13th May 2001, 17:23
Congratulations Herb!

Now what was the subject of this thread?

Got lost somewhere as with everything else on this very readable forum!

ES

spannersatcx
15th May 2001, 00:17
Seldomfixit, not making excuses, an entry in the log book is not a requirement for gear pins, (although it should be in my opinion), I find it inexcuseable that the Captain missed it on his walkaround as well, perhaps it is a human factors thing, you know stress and all that!

SeldomFixit
15th May 2001, 14:04
Spanners - I'm sure we know each other - drop me an email at [email protected] - no reason for a log book entry not being a personal "mandatory" when it comes to gear pins - i know it's one of mine. I am not trying to apportion blame - I am honestly one of those who asks why, rather than who in cases such as this. Some things though, should be so second nature that they are like breathing. Human factors teaches that when the best people make errors it hits even harder. This isn't to say those involved in this case are better or worse than any others, just that we all trip over at some stage. The benefits come from the learning, not the crucifictions.

Sweet FA
15th May 2001, 17:59
Well guys, like so many incidents in CX, after time people forget and the momentum is gone. That is why CX mgt. get's to push us and to a lesser degree the cockpit crew around.

Sad for us all.

Thank you for the update on Captain M for those who replied.

Sweet FA.........Out!

electricjetjock
16th May 2001, 10:31
SeldomFixit

Very good CRM words and a very magnanimous.
However you have missed the point. The present management would not have dealt with this in the way they have if it had been another captain. The man himself has just shown himself up very badly. No leadership, no morality. what was wrong with coming out and saying "Hey guys and gals I screwed up, we are all kind of stressed at the moment. Lets make sure we keep concentrating on the job in hand and I have learnt something from the incident."
Instead we have a weasely statement, an attempt to blame other people and no contrition.

We have come to expect nothing less from this bunch of "managers".

SweetFA

Sorry this thread came away from your original post. I hope captain M goes to court. You can always watch our illustrious leader on video in the FA crewroom at the excellence awards. At the end he can be seen trying to dance very sexily with a young lady. Where's my airsick bag.........