PDA

View Full Version : £30k enough for NAC CPP??

ikea
14th Feb 2005, 12:50
Hey, in addition to my post on HSBC loan applications and sources, would just like to know what you guys think of my figure of £30k needed:

the course is £24,500 excluing acommodation. I am hoping to stay with a local at the cost of £2,500. Taking my up to £27,000.

My parents will send me some pocket money here and there to pay for food. (they are not apying for any of my licenses). Im prepared to live on beans on toast for the year!!

I already have my Class 1. I am budgeting up to £200 for medical renewal (due Dec 6th).

Do you guys think £2,800 is enough for contingencies?? IE resitting any exams, or retaking flight training.

I have £10k in savings, and therefore would be looking at a loan of £20k. Which I hear is proably the most I can expect without any security (which I dont have).

I have heard one quote which says expect to pay no less than £55k for training no matter where in the world you go. Which is a lot more than what my contingency can afford!!

Im just in the process of finalising my report to show to the manager at HSBC, and would just like to know as much as I can.

Any help is much appreciated :-)

CAT3C AUTOLAND
14th Feb 2005, 13:59
Ikea,

Just out of interest, does the course include exam fees for the writtens, flying tests, aircraft rental, approach fees and licence issue? As you probably know this can total some £3000 + in its own right.

Polarhero
14th Feb 2005, 14:49
Ikea,

I'm planning on doing the same course NAC starting September ish.

I am working on the figure of 40K to cover the course fee and accomodation and any hidden extras that may crop up.
I figure that having a bit extra to cover any thing that crops up will free me up from worrying about the money and let me get on with training stress free ( i hope ).

Hope that helps.

P.S. are you doing just the JAA course or the FAA/JAA one?

ikea
14th Feb 2005, 15:03
yeah, it says it includes all of the course fees, exam fees, flight test fees, but not flight test rental of the a/c - thanks for pointing that one out :-) il look in to that now :-)

PS im just doing the JAA licenses:D