PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Crew dream with Virgin

KK2
14th Feb 2005, 08:56
Hi all,

I need an insight into the life of Virgin CC.

I am about to send off my application form. I would be taking quite a large pay cut if I was successful all the way through the interview stages and although I want to do this badly I am anxious to take the step.

I need some confirmations that the dream of taking to the skies is all it's cracked up to be.

I've read some good and bad in this forum. I guess it comes down to personal experience.

How well do they treat their staff?

Do you get to stay in the fancy 4-5 star hotels on your stopovers?

Do you get labelled as a trolley dolly instead of the intelligent person that you are?

Can you live on the very low salary? Do the travel destinations make up for low pay?

Are you completely jet lagged the whole of your stopover or do you get out and have some fun?

Also, I'm 32!! Do I have a chance with Virgin?

Thanks for any info.

sixmilehighclub
14th Feb 2005, 21:27
Go for it, in any airline the good usually outweighs the bad and if you don't like it you can always go back to a 'proper job' ! Try a few airlines though as the interview will give you a feel for which one will suit you.

My mommy always said that its better to regret something you've done than something you haven't.

Good Luck!

James7
17th Feb 2005, 18:24
Virgin have lifted the age restriction and are very keen to recruit some 'older' crew. The starting pay is very low basic take home is 700 - 720 a month plus your allowances down route. Some hotels are very nice and some are dreadful.

Good luck the interview is very strict so look the part - neat and tidy.

Let us know how you get on.