PDA

View Full Version : Af 009

LatviaCalling
12th Feb 2005, 18:52
There were some posts a while ago that cabin crew are interested in their ratings by pax.

I'ts a long story, but somehow from Savannah, Georgia, I found myself boarding AF 009 on 29 January from JFK to CDG. Typical boarding process for a B777 -- we'll call out the seat numbers and we shall board thusly -- whereupon the whole crowd charges the gate. That's by the way and we all got seated, even those whose hand luggage consisted of four huge pieces.

For a packed 777, Air France's cabin crew did an excellent job in accomodation and service. Despite the 11:00 pm departure, they served us a wonderful dinner (chicken or beef), but there was one problem.

My seat mate was a Hasidic Jew who couldn't eat anything that wasn't declared Kosher and despite his obvious hunger, he declined any food. He told me and the flight attendant that when he bought his ticket he had forgotten to mention anything about special meals.

Despite a packed 777, this poor fellow's situation set the flight attendant off to a mercy mission. Somewhere she gathered up veggie bits and soda crackers, etc. and was back in 20 minutes with a tray full of surprises. My seat mate was a very happy man.

I had already given up on my luggage with only 45 minutes turn around at CDG for a flight to Prague and then on to Riga. I personally rushed like mad through passport control and two terminals at CDG -- inside and outside -- until I found the gate to Prague.

When I arrived in Riga, Latvia, my luggage was rolling on the turnstyle. Sometimes it is a good feeling to report good news.