PDA

View Full Version : Question for IFTA`....

flighttime2.0
12th Feb 2005, 18:24
Before I start questioning I would like to mention that by no means am I trying to have a pop at “ International flight training academy” I would just like that when a ppruner does a search on IFTA they get the truth from both student and owners point of view ..

There is a certain few questions bouncing around all the time about IFTA so lets ask Captain Steven Fisher and so he can get his say across and students will be fully informed on the operations at IFTA ..

Steven you have recently posted on pprune stating your intentions to defend your school in the future so here is your chance …

Question 1 : Is it true you lost your cpl instructor who I believe was by far your best instructor ( Tim Baxter ) ….. Answer yes/no?

Question 2 : If you did loose Tim Baxter who replaced him and what is his flying back round? Tim flew in the RAF before becoming one of your instructors I do believe …

Question 3 : Is it true that you ran an ATPL course at on time that was not recognised by the CAA ? yes/no

Question 4 : Is it true that your school was destroyed in the hurricane damage this season? yes/no

Question 5 : If your school was destroyed what are you operating out of now and are the facilities up to standard for trainee pilots ? yes/no

Question 6 : Is it true some of your planes got destroyed too , like the Seneca 3 yes/no ?

Question 7 : Is it true that all your planes are up for sale ? I know you have answered this recently but what I want to know is how many planes do you expect to have in your fleet and what make and model aircrafts when your going to hire them in
?

Question 8 : Is it true that you tried to merge with Bournemouth but the CAA pulled the plug on it for some unknown reason ?

Question 9 : Last but not least , the most talked about of them all , have you ever ripped anyone off ? yes/no

Like I mentioned above im not trying to have a go at IFTA Im just sick of seeing these questions popping up all the time so lets lay them to rest with the truth …

STEPHEN FISHER
12th Feb 2005, 22:23
Wow!!!

I would be delighted to answer the questions.

1. I was very sad that Tim decided to leave after 4 good years working together - I don't consider LOST does it justice, Tim was given a good opportunity at Delta where he was offered promotion. I helped him and encouraged his move which I hoped might benefit his career.

I have recently conducted Flight Instructor tests at Delta and discussed with Tim his obvious concern about Delta closing down, although it seems he is excited about an airline job in the offing - good luck he is a great guy - after all, I did his FI course!

2. Tim was CFI, I assumed this role myself which was the most appropriate move for IFTA based on my many years experience. Incidentally, I assume you know Tim and his background as a flight engineer with the RAF, although I don't really know why you mention it in your question.

3. NO (the CAA would not have allowed this)

4. Sadly, YES.

5. YES. We are operating from portable style buildings on the same site. Our approval has remained in place, as the accomodation is fully compliant with the regulations and include adequate breifings rooms etc. Although we all loved our charmingly renovated 50 year old building, our students seem to somehow prefer what we affectionaly now call the 'cabins'.

6. YES, Tim's favorite Seneca was damaged - it was mine also!

7. Emphatically YES - my days of enjoying aircraft ownership are behind me - too much stress and cost! I am going to take a leaf out of my friends Trevor & Ben's book, and lease them in. Congratulations to them, they were much smarter than me!

We have a contract with a leasing company to provide as many aircraft as we need to service our students - the next hurricanes will be much more fun on that basis!

8. NO, yet another stupid rumor. The CAA would have no juristiction to encourage or otherwise mergers between companies involved in aviation. Of course it would not be appropriate for me to confirm or deny any confidentail negotioations I have had, or am having with any third party without thier consent.

9. Emphatically NO - just asked people to pay for the services they have received.

Thanks for your questions - again I am at a disadvantage in not knowing who you are - perhaps I might suggest we discuss matters in private - I would agree post any further comments after that chat that could be relevant or interesting to the wannabees.

Stephen Fisher
President. IFTA

flighttime2.0
13th Feb 2005, 13:51
Hi Steven

Thanks for the reply . I wanted to ask you these questions to give you the opportunity to defend yourself again all the vicious hummers. I find your reply to be very honest and I hope that will stand for you in the future … flighttime