PDA

View Full Version : QF Minimum Requirments

jz747
12th Feb 2005, 14:33
Hey all,
My girlfriend has read the qantas website already and still has a few questions and was just wondering if someoe could help answer them :D

Her questions are, even though it isnt stated what is QF's policy on the HSC or School Certificate results and does it make a huge difference if you have completed your HSC or not? and the second one is, she is 155cm without shoes does the height restriction take shoes into consideration and again how big a bearing does it have on selection?

Thank You very much

John

star84
12th Feb 2005, 23:00
Midnight-63 is right, her height is too short. You have to be 163 cms without shoes. I am just over that at 164cms!

Its horrible, because height is the one thing that you cant change, you just have to accept what you have!

I dont want to crush her hopes, but I think that most airlines you have to be 158cms and over. But I may be wrong on that.

jz747
12th Feb 2005, 23:45
Thank You very much for your replies, i had a feeling that was goin got be the case, height would be the problem.

Thank You

John

star84
23rd Feb 2005, 03:40
John, why doesnt your girlfriend apply to be a 'guest service agent' or work as a check in person for an airline? Or did she have her heart set on flying?

She could still work in the airline industry, but just on the ground :)

thereandback
23rd Feb 2005, 16:31
Hey mate.

Not sure about in AUS but in the UK we have some airlines that REQUIRE crew to be a little shorter than usual so that they can fit in some of theit airctraft !!!!

I wanted to apply for British Airways out of my local airport but at 6ft I am too Tall by 2 inches !!!!! so thats a bummer

It depends on what aircraft the airline operates on its routes so tell her not to loose heart but get on the web and start oing some research - OR she can come and fly with BA City Flyer they are always looking for crew !!!.

Tell her good luck.

:ok:

Cripes Sorry about spelling mistakes !!!!!!!!!!!:\\