PDA

View Full Version : Distance learning with PTC IN Waterford

normb
12th Feb 2005, 11:56
Hi

Is anyone out there currently distance learning for ATPL's with PTC in Waterford? I'm just looking for some info, whats the standard of the study material and the instruction? I'm not sure which is the best option either full time groundschool or a distance learning course.
Do u have to be a genius to understand all the material thats covered in the ATPL's or is it a case of, its not that hard there's just a lot of it?
Also is the school approved by the IAA or the JAA, if I did my ATPL'S with PTC could I still be issued with a JAA Frozen ATPL at the end of the day?

I'D be very grateful for any replies from any student pilots.

Thanks
normb.

willby
12th Feb 2005, 18:05
Hi Normb,
I am not a student pilot but the father of one and since you have,nt had any replies to your post I can try answer some of your queries.
Ireland and most European countries are members of the JAA so any FTO approved by the IAA ( e.g. PTC) will issue JAA/JAR licences etc. The same will apply if you study under a CAA approved FTO in the UK.
If you do your ATPL theory from an Irish FTO then JAR regulations state that you must also complete your CPL in the same state. You can then do your ratings i.e. ME and IR in any member state.
If you do a search here on the standard required to pass the ATPL exams the consensus would indicate that it is the sheer volume of the material rather than the level of difficulty which causes most problems.
Regards
Willby

darragh_ptc
14th Feb 2005, 08:24
Normb, I have sent you a PM.

Regards,

Darragh Owens
Pilot Training College of Ireland