PDA

View Full Version : LUAS Re-union?

OC LUAS
12th Feb 2005, 10:07
All,

As part of my remit as OC LUAS I am tasked to encourage ex-members to remain in contact with my Sqn and to ensure that they are kept advised of our progress and given the opportunity to visit the Sqn socially. To that end, the object of the missive is to determine whether there are ex-members of LUAS who would take advantage of an opportunity to visit the Sqn socially in order to be appraised of the progress of the Sqn.

My next step regarding a possible LUAS Re-union would, obviously, be determined by any response received. Any ex-member of LUAS is always welcome at RAF Woodvale, but if anyone feels that a more formal approach would be appropriate please feel free to contact me either via PPRuNe or at RAF Woodvale.

OC LUAS

PMA's Toy
14th Feb 2005, 22:44
I think it's very nice that a UAS wants to keep good links with its ex-members. I still enjoy hearing about my old lot on the grapevine, and while I'm now a bit distant to drop in, I'd certainly like to if I had the chance.

I should imagine you'd get a lot of positive reaction if you tried to organise a full-on reunion.

lscajp
14th Feb 2005, 23:40
What UAS were you on?

6Z3
15th Feb 2005, 16:19
Count me in. 70-73 era, when 'Spoons' was the boss, but of course 'Little John' ran the show.

We had some great parties (chicks bused in from IM Marsh, Ormskirk Nursing Home and some other less savoury places). Whatever happened afterwards in Victor, Valiant and Vulcan was nobody's business - Ethos never seemed to be a problem in those days.

The rivalry with MUAS was also part of the fun; perhaps consider a joint reunion or run both concurrently. Either way, I'm in.

PS. Is "Sands" and/or "Toad Hall" still operating?

AllToppled
15th Feb 2005, 18:41
A good mate of mine was holding at the same station as his old UAS last year. He hadn't got around to visiting them before someone from their end called up his new boss and asked him not to visit..........?

He's a nice bloke, now doing very well in his next flying job. Can you think of any reason why a UAS might actively discourage an ex-member from returning? Last time I saw him there it certainly seemed all good, he didn't leave under a cloud or anything.

Anyway, the point of this post is to say that the attitude shown above is refreshing :)

Send Clowns
16th Feb 2005, 12:21
I shall let my Father know. He was on LUAS in about '63-'65, before joining up to fly Vulcans. I'm sure he went to a reunion a few years ago, and enjoyed it.

EESDL
16th Feb 2005, 18:58
OC LUAS
Any inkling if a LUAS reunion had better be organised sooner rather than later for fear of not having anywhere to hold it?

Your love child is coping well and trying to throw off your shackles!!!

OC LUAS
1st Apr 2005, 08:50
Thanks for all the interest. It seems that there are, at least, a few ex-members of LUAS interested in some sort of re-union. I intend to investigate the possibility of a 65th Anniversary do for '06. Promulgation will be through the usual channels.

Thanks again.

OC LUAS