PDA

View Full Version : PPruners seen "Bashing" at the Clarion

SASless
12th Feb 2005, 01:38
An Austrian friend of mine and I adjourned to the Clarion bar the evening of the Superbowl....with the intent of having a quiet beer and maybe a tranquil viewing of the game after spending the day in a training course at the HAI.

Without naming any names....or trying to tarnish any reputations ...I was the witness to a display of public conduct that is worthy of note.

You would have thought the individual was working on his resume for employment at PHI. In time he could have found himself in one of the HR offices in New Orleans so well known to Bob Suggs. (May the Lord bless his departed soul!)

I am aware that helicopter pilots can be exhuberant and outgoing....and sometimes with the consumption of adult malt beverages...this trait can become exaggerated.

My dear friend and I overlooked most of the antics.....and understand that chair failures occur much as do wardrobe failures....it being the Superbowl and all. I will freely admit that J. Jacksons boob was not exactly unattractive. The bald headed portly chap that found himself tangled up in the wreckage of a chair tried to act the gentleman. The sight of this pudgy myopic gent going rump over tea kettle was entertaining....watching his colleague trying to overcome the excessive gravity located under the chair remains was hysterical.....seems the two of them were experiencing gyro failures to some degree.

If I did not know better I would have guessed the guy might have been a former US Army Ranger or something from the way he talked......and the way he failed to hold his drink....took two hands towards the end of the night just prior to the chair crash.

A "real" helicopter pilot can get by with a single hand....and when pressed can find a way to park a beer bottle in an armpit while using the second hand during a conversation about flying techiques. So I would guess this bespectacled gent may only be a private pilot.

With some research..... and making benefit of modern IT techniques....I bet we could fully identify this rascal and expose him to a public scolding and arrange some remedial training for him.

The least he can do is hold to the helicopter pilot creed....

I am a Helicopter Pilot....I shall not drink.
If I do....I will not become intoxicated.
If I do...I will not stagger.
If I do...I will not fall.
If I do...I will fall face down.
That way no one can see my wings.

I will not discuss the circumstantial evidence that leads me to believe I witnessed a well known PPruner fall prey to that area of exessive gravity.....If I had been a bit more prompt on checking my PM's that day.....I may have been a bit closer to the event.

autosync
13th Feb 2005, 11:13
Go Easy SASLESS,
Sounds to me like it was one of those fixed wing pilots, the type who get themselves arrested for being drunk, cause they sucked on a beermat the week before, and he was tryng to infiltrate a real pilots party!

They are easy enough to pick out from a crowd, if you can't smell them, give them a drink and they will be legless fairly quick!!

:\ :E