PDA

View Full Version : Where has Clever Trever gone?

Only A Few More Seasons
11th Feb 2005, 18:10
Clevor Trever walked out on XLA yesterday!!

GemStA
12th Feb 2005, 13:22
Fact or Fiction?!????!!!

Just wonderin where u got the story!

hostiegirl
12th Feb 2005, 15:10
me too i spoke to him on phone yesterday at work so am curious!!.if true will be sad he has made great improvements to xla training...............any one know fact/fiction?????????:confused:

xlgirl
12th Feb 2005, 16:37
It is true I spoke to him after he told them he was resigning. Think he was tired of battling with the DanAir and Caledonian crowd that are destroying what could be a great airline. It is a great shame as he made training enjoyable and put standards in place that never existed before.
Good luck to him, he will be missed.

Only A Few More Seasons
12th Feb 2005, 20:48
If he had stayed much longer - everyone would have been wearing orange - like his manuals and the Mill Court walls.

crundale
13th Feb 2005, 08:06
xlgirl,
Oh how badly you read the situation. The ex Dan/Cally people started the airline, so dont really understand how they can be said to be running it down - and i am not one of them before you say!
When 50 people all say one person is the bad egg, its very hard to believe that all 50 are completely wrong. I was worried about XLOne service this weekend, as i doubt there is any champagne left in Gatwick...
The rise in standards you noticed are down to the change in director 18 months back. And clever? If he had waited another month or so he probably would have got paid off!
Happy flying
C

hostiegirl
13th Feb 2005, 13:30
it's a shame think he brought a fresh approach to the training department.good luck to the person who steps into his shoes hope they carry on the good work.

FormerFlyer
13th Feb 2005, 21:14
What - is this Slade?

cheers ;)
FF

hostiegirl
14th Feb 2005, 01:10
yes that's the one mr slade former employee at easyland!!and seems like former employee of xla!!!

sirwa69
9th Jun 2005, 15:13
A Mr. Trevor Slade has started work with Gulf Air, is this the chap you are referring to?

What was he before, Head of Training?

On On

dicksynormous
9th Jun 2005, 16:18
Guy was a knob. Like alot of people i this industry he took the philosophies of an outfit plagiarised them as his own and foisted them on Excel. Hand me down information sold as original thinking. Unfortunately excel got taken in in the first instance. I believe the damage is being slowly unpicked.

Hiya crundale.

exflygirl
13th Jun 2005, 19:36
Propellor Paul. If you are who I think you are...you didnt like Trevor because he saw right through you. Standards at easyJet training have slipped since Trevor left and yet they still make other airlines standards pale in comparison. The amazing job he did at easyJet should not be sniffed at. You werent there when he joined over seven years ago...you didnt know what it was like then. You (if you are who I think you are)...joined about three years ago when everything was already in great shape thanks to Trevor. Also for a man who cant manage to find his way out of a cardboard box...he always manages to find himself top jobs...surely that says something. Good on ya Trevor!

dicksynormous
13th Jun 2005, 23:23
exflygirl. Finding a good job is a product of a good sales pitch. Keeping it is another matter. Particularly when the product you are pitching is another company's proceedures with a biro line thru easyjet, and " trevors innovative new way" pencilled in next to it.

Why do these experts keep having to move on ?

exflygirl
14th Jun 2005, 13:33
Thats where you're missing it. easyJet's procedures are what Trevor set up. Before he arrived there was precious little. I was terribly saddened when he left. easyJets training is now world class and that is all down to him and the systems and manuals etc. he set in place. Our manuals used to comprise of a couple of photostats in a ring binder and training...well lets say it left a lot unsaid. Then Trevor arrived and that all changed. So if you dont like him as a person thats your perogative but as a professional he gets a lot of respect in the Airline training sector. Thats why he can always land the top jobs...and why move on? Maybe he did all he could do for easyJet and decided his expertise could be better used elsewhere!!!

exflygirl
15th Jun 2005, 01:39
Well said Padington Bear!!!