PDA

View Full Version : MP3 player problem

SkidSolo
11th Feb 2005, 17:31
I did a search but no luck.

I have one of those little players from ebay (Chinese blokie) which has been working well.

However, a sweaty workout has shorted it and although wd40 seemed to fix it it has died entirely now.

Upon power up I get some Chinese letters and then it fades out and no more.

Changed the batteries no different. I can connect the USB port to it and it states it is busy when I write files to it but thats all.

I'm tempted to format it (which has been offered) but how to I get the operating firmware to work again?

I had a look at the little cd but that was just conversion wma to mp3 software and Win 98 drivers.

Any tips?

Cheers
SS

FunkyMunky
11th Feb 2005, 18:30
Do you have a model name/number for the device? May be helpful to see if we can work out how the hard reset function operates, if the player has such a function (which it should, most do either in the player itself or the software on the PC)

SkidSolo
11th Feb 2005, 19:33
FM

There is no brand name just Digital MP3 Player. I took a pic but the IMG button came up with http: for some reason so I can't display it to you.

Even the manual has no name.

SS

Diverse
12th Feb 2005, 07:07
WD40's not a good think to spray near microchips it can cause damage to the surface of the chip. You may find that there is some damage inside that formatting or hard reseting won't help.