PDA

View Full Version : Cabair at bournemouth

biggsy20
11th Feb 2005, 14:08
Hi, I am thinking of doing my ATPL training with Cabair on a residential basic.
I want some feedback from old students with regards to there ground training and possibly flight training to, mainly ground.

Many thanks all who answer
Mike

ultimatepro63
11th Feb 2005, 16:34
i would do older searches on the forum

but from what i know cabair is a very good school with lots of aircraft and good teachers

i wonna go there when i grow up:D

Sky Wave
11th Feb 2005, 16:56
Is that EPTA?

Check their first time pass rates and number of hours to a pass. Also check if you have to pay for approaches and landings at Bournemouth. I believe they charge for home landings/approached but I've never been there so I am only going on hearsay.

Dougle Mcguire
11th Feb 2005, 17:02
Cabair/EPTA at Bournemouth............. From what I hear, they may be having some financial problems. Also I notice a lot of previous posts on the above organisation dont paint a nice picture. Good luck.

Sky Wave
12th Feb 2005, 09:11
Pressman.

I'm learning with PAT or professional air training at Bournemouth. www.pat.uk.com

Have you tried them? If you have and they've not returned your call I'll complain bitterly at them on Monday. If you haven't then give them a call because they have very good pass rates, very good aircraft, excellent instructors and no hidden charges.

acw350
12th Feb 2005, 09:42
As a current student on the ground school at EPTA i would highly recommend the ground school standards at this school to anyone. Although EPTA's IT may not be as good as say Oxfords but the price they charge for the residential package is very good indeed and all the instructors are top notch and certainlly help you to pass in any way they can.

biggsy20
15th Feb 2005, 08:51
Hi all and thanks for your answers.
I have been doing a lot of research on all of the training schools on my short list.
Cabair, EPTA, seem to be having a running dispute between a group of people on PPRUNE over one name (which i will not mention) who is currentl a director for EPTA, and was part of SFT.

Now this is a lot of money i will be investing in my future, and it does not fill me with good vibes over EPTA.
can any one shed some light over these disputes and the usual group who are disputing ( you know who you are). your answers will be taken into account but not into mind.

Many thanks all.
B
:D

A251
15th Feb 2005, 16:49
have you had a look at bcft

its where i'm studying , pop in for a visit
i recommend it but its up to you,

good luck

ted

biggsy20
15th Feb 2005, 19:18
Hi and thanks to all who answered, My decision is at last made, I am off to Atlantic flight training on the 11th April 2005 to start my ATPL full time ground school.
If there are any other students who are starting the above at Atlantic on the 11th Aplir 2005, maybe a idea to meet up and make friends before we go. also looking to house share to keep the cost down.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Mike:ok:

ultimatepro63
17th Feb 2005, 18:57
hope you all the best for your training i and hope u will get where you want to be

Keith.Williams.
20th Feb 2005, 14:37
BIGGSY20

You are of course free to do your training wherever you choose, and I wish you good luck wherever you do it. But judging by the posts that you have made in this string you appear to be taking far too much at face value.

It is true that a number of pprune contributers have in the past made posts that have attacked EPTA. But did you spot the fact that none of these posts were from people who have actually studied at EPTA.

The majority of these posts come from people like PEGGY MURPHY who repeatedly attacks EPTA quite simply because he does not like Colin Green. This problem stems from the fact that Colin was the owner of SFT when it which went out of business some years ago. Students lost money and some have claimed that Colin now owns or is a director of EPTA. The fact is that EPTA is owned entirely by the CABAIR group, which has been in the flying training business for many years. Colin is not a director of CABAIR. The collapse of SFT changed Colin's position from being the owner of his own school to being an employee of someone elses school. But still his enemies imagine that all of this is some kind of get rich quick scheme!

Other attacks have come from the employees of schools that are in competition with EPTA, and therefore have a vested interest in damaging EPTA. A good example of this came when we announced that our students would benefit from EU grants that would reduce the price of the groundschool course to about 2/3 of those of the other schools. The other schools had no such scheme so some attempted to portray it as some kind of fraud. One school even tried to get the CAA to prevent our students from getting the grants. But the grants are still in place and a good many students have already benefitted from them. Your decision to go to AFT has increased your groundschool fees by something like 50%.

Far from losing anything by studying at EPTA our students receive good quality training at a very competitive price. We have also been successful recently in assisting a number of our students to get employment with airlines. Not all schools are in a position to do this.

By all means choose another school if you wish. But be sure that the information you use in making this choice is valid. The PEGGY MURPHIES of this world are not remotely interested in your welfare. They are simply playing a game.

Peggy Murphy
20th Feb 2005, 15:09
Are EPTA that desperate for students that Keith Williams has to come on this forum and tout for business?!?! Just face it Keith, Biggsy20 has made a wise decision. He has obviously done his research and found that the 50% he may save at EPTA will be used at PAT to finish off his training. Only last week, I spoke to yet another student who has had to leave EPTA as he was finding it hard to remember all the names of his long list of instructors, which tended to change on a daily basis. Keith, don't embarrass yourself or the company by trying to steal students from other schools. You don't see BGS, PAT or OAT on here on a sunday afternoon looking for business!! Again, I rest my case.

acw350
20th Feb 2005, 16:35
I have a word to say in regards the above post, I am currently a student at EPTA and find the groundschool flawless. The instructors do their best to get you through the course 1st time round. Maybe people have had bad experiences in the past but not one of the students in my class have one bad word to say about the professional instruction we are recieving on our current course. If anyone has any queries in regards to EPTA's ATPL ground school i can HIGHLY recommend them to anyone.

carb
20th Feb 2005, 17:10
I deal with a lot of fanatics outside of aviation but this is pretty funny. These past personality/financial issues don't seem of any interest or relevance to people choosing a school but you two should have a meeting, I would love to chair it.

Just to add my opinion, I studied for ATPL resits at EPTA recently - for such a fair fee I felt I should leave a tip! - and having already done the full groundschool elsewhere I noted it was a superior training environment in terms of distractions and support, and just like other schools they're a bunch of good people doing a good job.

As for the legendary Keith Williams intervening in threads like this, I don't know why he degrades himself thus but it's nice to have CGIs posting personally, rather than running around classrooms encouraging students to go online biggin up the school - as I've seen happen at other places!

parris50
20th Feb 2005, 17:33
I'm going to put in a good word for EPTA...

I did my IR and MCC with them a couple of years ago and revalidated the IR last year. My experiences with them were good. The instructors seemed genuinely interested in making sure I passed - to the extent that they would give up their evenings and weekends if necessary. I was given use of the simulator free of charge, providing none of the instructors needed it, and that enabled me to get in plenty of much needed practice.

The result of that was that having not used my newly acquired IR for the entire 12 months, I was able to revalidate with only 1.5 hours of training.

Perhaps other schools are just as good but I had no complaints about EPTA.