PDA

View Full Version : BGS MOD 2 subjects

Mosspigs
11th Feb 2005, 12:03
Sorry to all non BGS students.

To those who have completed MOD 2 with BGS, I would be grateful for a run down of easy / hard subjects, pitfalls etc etc.

Thanks in advance

Mosspigs:ok:

Sky Wave
11th Feb 2005, 12:38
Mosspigs

Did you just post on the BGS Forum? I've replied there but I'll also reply here. It's not really specific to BGS so for non-BGS people the mod 2 subjects are:-

Air Law, Ops Procedures, Radio Nav, POF, Performance & AGK

I got my worse result on AGK which I feel boils down to the fact that it is such a diverse subject requiring you to learn loads. The AGK question bank is also very large meaning that the feedback may not be as good.

I found Radio Nav the easiest. Second easiest was Ops Procedures, however you have to be careful with Ops Procedures as JAA rules and ICAO rules can be different so a question that would be one answer in air law is a different answer in Ops Proc.

Hope that helps.

Parson
11th Feb 2005, 12:39
I completed Mod 2 at BGS in 2003. Lots of facts to learn etc., less calculation than Mod 1. If they still do the subjects in the same order, then you need to concentrate on Principles of Flight, Performance and AGK. I had learnt nothing on Air Law and Radio Nav prior to the brush-up course and found that the feedback and practice papers were spot on for the exam.

Best thing do to is give Alex a ring - he'll give you the best advice and save you a lot of leg work. It's a very good school, as I'm sure you've found out already so you shouldn't have any problems.

P.

Canada Goose
11th Feb 2005, 13:17
I agree with skywave and Parson, though I found ops the easiest ! I don't know why, maybe cos I was getting tired of the whole thing in general as a result of studying as well as working and playing happy families (as opposed to Mod 1 where I took time off from work) but I found Mod 2 a real drudge ...... nothing to do with BGS, just me !! I found Performance demoralising ... failing a couple of progress tests after trying to spend ages doing them ........they were the ones with the graphs ........ hence, margins for error !!

Anyway, I too spem#nt the whole time at the brush up focusing mainly on POF, Perf and AGK .......... I only did one Air Law paper and did the rest the day/night before, staying up until about 3am before the 9:30 paper (now that is when I found my sefl staring at myself at 2am in the mirror and asking "What the F*&% am I doing?"........... got about 95% :8 so I guess it payed off !! ;)