PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Flying at LH?

fly_guy100
11th Feb 2005, 05:00
I was wondering if there was mixed flying at Lufthansa because I noticed that if you want to do longhaul it's only for 6 months and after that 6 months you need to transfer. So I want to know if there is mixed flying where you do both longhaul and shorthaul trips? Thanx!!

jasmin
11th Feb 2005, 08:53
Yes. I used to fly for Lufthansa. There are a few different types of contracts with Lufthansa - there is the 6 month Long Haul position. Then there is a mixed Long/Short Haul position and there is a Short Haul/ European vicinity position. I have a friend who still flies for Lufthansa Frankfurt base and does the mixed Long/Short Haul contract. She flies sometimes 4 legs around Europe day trips or a few days away for example. Also USA trips, Southern Africa/Zimbabwe ( unsure if they still do HRE trips) and other Long Haul destinations. They can basically send you anywhere I believe. There is a Frankfurt and Munich base .Munich being a much nicer place to live. More details are available via the LH website. Hope this helps.