PDA

View Full Version : 10 day Professional Instrument Course

Gunnner
10th Feb 2005, 20:21
Hi-
I'm thinking of doing the 10 day PIC course. www.iflyifr.com Does anyone out there have any experience with this outfit? Any ideas on how beneficial a 10 day course will be?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

gentle winds.

GusHoneybun
10th Feb 2005, 23:37
10 of your earth days to do an IR! Sounds a little bit too rushed in my humble opinion. Too many people think that they must complete on these boards think that they must do their training in the quickest or cheapest way possible. Don't be fooled by the glossy brochures or the CFI with 5 gold stripes on their shoulders. And remember that schools are in business and will act accordingly.
Just remember that the training you get in your IR is the most important you will ever receive. No question at all. It stays with you throughout you're whole flying career. Look to a school with a good instructors first and foremost, then well maintained aircraft and last the price. Believe me, it will save you money in the long run.

thereceiver2004
11th Feb 2005, 18:29
Watching the video they say you can learn to fly professionally on instruments in 9 days and take your check ride on the 10th day, all by using a table top simulator you can use inyour own kitchen...
After going through the JAR IR 50 hours of training in approved sims or aircraft i am confused how one can learn to fly instruments satisfactorily in the manner described.... someone enlighten me please...

nickt
12th Feb 2005, 01:15
ok, come on... that's the worst thing i've ever seen. you don't become proficient doing that stuff in your living room...