PDA

View Full Version : MCC course and Licence Issue

spitfire747
10th Feb 2005, 17:26
I will soon be coming to test on the multi IR and then have the good old MCC to follow. When an MCC course is completed is there anything added to your licence, ie do you have to send your licence back to the CAA for them to endorse it. I was going to send away the multi ir stuff and then go to mcc so on completition the paperwork should be back from Gatwick enabling me then to go and apply for a job or back to instructing.

Ta Spit:ok:

mad_jock
10th Feb 2005, 17:54
Nah you just get a ****e bit of paper/card produced on a poxy bubble jet. Which if your lucky will fold into something sizable that wil fit in your license without breaking the platsic spine and the cover fall off.

The only time it comes into play is when you start your first Multi crew Type rating where it comes out for all of 30 seconds as the TRE ticks a box. After that I can't remember if you meant to produce it for Rating issue. I don't think I did. Just course completion Cert and LST form.

What you do with it after that I don't really know. I have taped it onto the inside of my log book cover just in case.

MJ

spitfire747
10th Feb 2005, 18:25
cheers MJ, you still living the high life up there.. how many TP hours you got now..Spit:cool:

Ojuka
10th Feb 2005, 21:09
The MCC certificate needs to be presented to the CAA with accompanying paperwork for multi-crew type rating issue.

moggiee
10th Feb 2005, 22:44
spitfire 747 - you should have either your licence (with IR stamped up) or the IR certificate handy to show the FTO that conducts your MCC.

If you plan to send the IR pass certificate off to handbrake house, take it to the FTO first so that they can take certified copies to keep with your training records.

GusHoneybun
10th Feb 2005, 23:14
You don't technically need an IR to begin an MCC course. It's heavily recommended that you have done one as this will allow you to learn all those wonderful standard SOP's and CRM rather than working out how to capture a localiser. Whoop-de-do.
In essence there is naff all difference between a two grand course or a ten dollar book off amazon, but them there are the rules and if we want to play the game......