PDA

View Full Version : Best Liming Spots in the Caribbean

8P-AUL
10th Feb 2005, 15:51
Hi All

Maybe this thread came up already - but for all those on layovers etc - what are your favorite liming spots??
From Guyana, TnT, Barbados....right up to the north

I'll start off with........

TnT - Pelican, 62nd and 3rd (Woodbrooke Cafe), The Base
Barbados - Harbour Lights, Mojo, Red Rooster, McBrides, cafe Sol, The Mews (on a Friday nite)
Antigua - The Beach, After Hours, Rush, Abracadabra

20driver
11th Feb 2005, 18:25
Sunday School @ Boca Reef in Tobago - every sunday.
( I thought the Pelican burned down)
Also - Coconuts up the St Annes road in POS used to have lots of young things out on a Friday night.

flufdriver
14th Feb 2005, 00:45
I think that this is an unfair and pre - mature question.

Some of us here in the northwest Caribbean have only recently been introduced to the term "Liming" and whilst our hosts (at the CAR-Alpa conference in T&T) did their best to expose us the (un-knowing) to all the fine points of said "Liming", we are slow to learn and require more practice in order to achieve a high standard in the art of "Liming"

I therefore submit that since we are insufficiently versed in the art, it follows also that we are unable to appreciate a fine "liming spot" that may be lingering unappreciated in our neck of the woods (or the Caribbean) and will continue to go unrecognised untill we locals have developed a high standard of "liming" and can differentiate between a fine and not so fine spot.

I think we should postpone the survey for now, unless there are some experts in the art of "liming" that are willing to travel here and practice the art in order to help us identify good spots that may be waiting to be discovered on our Islands.

con-pilot
16th Feb 2005, 16:22
What on earth is "liming"?:confused:

barry lloyd
16th Feb 2005, 17:33
just 'hangin out' - Caribbean style - to be recommended - those guys know how to lime!

Captain Stable
16th Feb 2005, 18:41
con-pilot, you need to understand that, were partying to be an Olympic sport, a combined West Indies team would consistently take gold once every four years.

Just as, I am reliably informed, the Esquimau have some extraordinary number of different words for snow, in the Caribbean there are quite a few different words for a party.

These range from "chill-out" - a few friends in a bar or beside someone's pool with a few cold beers, to "liming" or a "lime-out" whcih is a few more friends starting in a beachbar somewhere, with aforesaid few cold ones, then a few more, a few more bars, and probably ending up sleeping in a gutter somewhere. A "party" is an altogether more organised affair, probably with food. These terms carry on right up to a "jump-up" which will involve the entire island (not necessarily excluding the insane and convicted, jailed criminals), last several days, resulting in carnage requiring two months to clean up and no headache medication being available within a one hundred mile radius.

con-pilot
16th Feb 2005, 23:44
Okay thanks guys. I have been liming nearly all my life.

Apparently I do a lot of liming at the ‘Sunset Beach Bar’ in St. Marrten.

I haven’t had the pleasure of a "jump-up"!

Looking foward to one however.

:) :ok:

crack up
17th Feb 2005, 13:45
"Brok out" is a common Creole term in the Western Caribbean along with the others. In San Pedro Town, BZ, there are like 80 "broking out" establishments for a population of about 7000.
There are a dozen on the beach that draw what we are actually looking for.

D'pirate
19th Feb 2005, 08:36
Good to see tings a'int changed back home! They have the "Sunday Session" here in Oz - almost as good -try "Little Creatures in Fremantle or Brekkie Creek in Brisbane if you get the chance :cool:

Ray Darr
19th Feb 2005, 08:51
A super place that may or may not be there still, on the quaint island of Grand Turk, capital of The Turks and Caicos Islands, British West Indies... there was (is?) a super place called "The Water's Edge".

A nice little restaurant (actually a small pub!) RIGHT at the beach. In fact you could drag a table and chair(s) as far down the sand to the actual water's edge and enjoy a frosty brew with a great pizza while the warm Caribbean waters lap at your feet.

Miss it, I do...them were the days. *sigh*

Cheers,
Ray Darr

8P-AUL
19th Feb 2005, 14:26
Heard about a bar in St.Martin recently where topless women get free drinks!!! Have to elbow your way through the pilots though.

flufdriver
19th Feb 2005, 22:30
Bloody favorytism!

Nobody is giving me a free drink just because I take my top off.

Furthermore, there are now so many girls with "enhanced busts" they don't need an excuse show them off like a status symbol, as in "see! I got my Boobs done" don't they look gorgeous ?

Yes they do, but I just as soon play with the real and original equipment rather then the aftermarket add-ons.