PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean rumors

8P-AUL
10th Feb 2005, 15:22
OK here's the latest..............

10 pilots and 5 stewies who used to work for a star airline no longer with a job due to their association with an ummm........association

BWIA recalling crew for 2 new 737s and possibly a 340

start up airline out of the blue - Caribbean Blue to be exact

SVG Air to get 2 Citations

any other news, boys and girls??

AdamCG
11th Feb 2005, 21:19
Caribbean Blue shows up about 2/3rds of the way down this page, but their link to the webpage is either moribund or not yet active.

http://houston-tx.addresses.com/city/airlines/houston-texas-tx-291.html

flufdriver
14th Feb 2005, 00:27
Caribbean rumors indeed!

Actually, this topic should keep us entertained indefinetely, for, we may be short of many things here in the Caribbean, but rumors certainly isn't one of them.

Here in Cayman we say: if you havn't heard a rumor by 10am, start one! and most of us do!

Never underestimate the power of a good rumor either, many have been turned into facts.

I have seen it go like this: Lets say that I have "underperformed" and I feel I may soon be on shaky ground with my superiors. I would then start a rumor by saying that I hear that "they" are out to get me because they want to put some foreign person in my position, my friends would be outraged, no doubt my superiors would hear of this and given sufficient repetition of the story might feel compelled to come out and say that there is absolutely no truth in the story that anyone is thinking of replacing me. When they subsequently discover my "underperformance" they are caught between the rock and the hard place and most times the underperformer gets to keep his/her job to underperform again another day.

So, in the spirit of keeping the rumor mill going: Correct if I'm wrong, but I heard that "things" are not well at Air-Jam and that the recent "discussions" between the FAA and the Jam CAA did not happen of their own accord.

SoftTop
20th Feb 2005, 11:12
SVG now have the citation showing on their website.

ST