PDA

View Full Version : Dragonair Cadet Scheme - Urgent!

BigTimeWannabe
7th Mar 2001, 23:55
Has anyone else used e-mail to submit their resume and heard nothing back? Do they not like people applying this way? Or have I just not been shortlisted. Because it clearly says send resume by post, fax or e-mail.

Deadline's coming soon and need responses soon. So I can send my resume off by post!

BTW

[This message has been edited by BigTimeWannabe (edited 08 March 2001).]

headset
8th Mar 2001, 01:01
Ring them to confirm receipt of application....

Guru
8th Mar 2001, 03:10
Apparently Dragon Air does not process candidates who have also applied to Cathay.

BigTimeWannabe
8th Mar 2001, 05:29
Guru,

Is that only when you have applied to both airlines at the same time? Surely unsuccessful candidates of one airline would try their luck with the other? Because I have applied to Cathay before!

Any helpful response, I'd be truely grateful.

BTW

[This message has been edited by BigTimeWannabe (edited 08 March 2001).]

Mr Nice guy
8th Mar 2001, 08:57
So Guru you're saying that Dragonair knows when you have applied for CX also?

Don Quixote
8th Mar 2001, 12:18
Guru

I find your last statement hard to believe.

Do you have some proof to back it up or are you just trying to wind these guys up ?

headset
8th Mar 2001, 13:46
Dragonair use the same training school Cathay use in ADL and teh same selection criteria.
Bot certain, but would suggest that if you missed on one then you miss on the other.....

SuperSandwich
8th Mar 2001, 16:04
DragonAir's Cadets were interviewed by Cathay a year ago. I think the final interviews are with Dragonair itself. but I am not sure what the deal is now. Thats why they arent too keen in you applying for both as if you fail the dragonair interview, whats the point in interviewing you again for Cathay....if they are the same interviewers?? Just a thought but then As far as I know that was the deal a year ago

Regards.

Guru
8th Mar 2001, 17:07
Sorry, I should have quantified what I meant. If you apply to both airlines at the same time I think Dragon Air won't contact you. That certainly happened to my friend who had become a CX cadet. Dragon Air didn't even send him a form when he applied.

geh065
8th Mar 2001, 20:34
I know someone who didn't make it after CX grading, but somehow appeared in ADL on the Dragonair course.

on the glide
10th Mar 2001, 13:13
So the conclusion is...

Guru
10th Mar 2001, 21:34
The conclusion is....there isn't one! I suppose there's nothing to lose in applying to both airliners, which makes this whole thread pointless.....

The way I think about this is that there are probably hundreds of people like BTW who apply to both airliners' cadet programme. If either finds out at a very late stage of selection that a particular candidate has been accepted by the other airline then all the resources (mostly time but what about grading?) spent would be wasted. Therefore from a cost effective point of view and provided such collaboration exists between the airliners they would probably make arrangements so that a person goes through only one system at a time.
Just a thought...

BigTimeWannabe
11th Mar 2001, 05:10
Hi guys,

Thanks for all that useful feedback, however I would like to go back to the original question I had about the e-mail application to KA for the cadet programme.

Still I am very grateful for the other info posted.

Thanks

BTW

[This message has been edited by BigTimeWannabe (edited 11 March 2001).]

cpdude
11th Mar 2001, 07:06
BigTimeWannabe,
At the risk of stating the obvious, you should know that with any employer a hard copy CV is the correct way of applying for employment. When time is of the essence, you can e-mail a copy of your CV but always mail a hard copy afterwards. Many of us at major airlines have spent years if not a decade or two of flying prior to achieving this position. Most put forward significant effort to attain these jobs and I am amazed that less and less effort is being put forward by Wannabe's. E mailing 100+ CV's is not considered a significant effort. My intention is not to slam you personally but come on, there are so many books available on how to write Resumes/CV's including how to present yourself, preparation for an interview etc. etc. Buy a book, read it and apply the knowledge. It works!

Mr Nice guy
11th Mar 2001, 11:12
I would think snail mail is still the best way to go (if u have time that is).... but if it's a hurry, I'd go for a fax (hardcopy/fast)

BigTimeWannabe
11th Mar 2001, 14:58
cpdude,

I am fully aware that sending a resume by post is the most traditional way of applying for a job. Unfortunately I was forced to submit my CV by e-mail. Because, I only spotted the ad KA put up several days before the deadline, and since I am currently studying in Britain I could not afford the time to post the CV as it would not have made it. Also it states clearly on the ad the application can be made by mail, fax or e-mail. Finally I didn't use one of those online resume where you just fill in the boxes where appropriate! I sent a file attachment of my full resume, all dragonair have to do is open it in MS Word, then print. It would hae been no different than me sending in a hard copy.

Just trying to set the scenario straight for everyone.

BTW

on the glide
13th Mar 2001, 12:22
Guys,

captdude,I agree...that's the
point.

Keep up guys,

o_g

on the glide
13th Mar 2001, 12:34
Guys,

I'd guess I agree what captaindude says.
Keep on trying.

o_g

Mr Nice guy
15th Mar 2001, 04:05
Anyone got reply from KA yet for the cadet prog.?

BigTimeWannabe
15th Mar 2001, 16:01
Mr Nice Guy,

Have you applied to KA aswell, what method did you use to send your resume?

Have you not recieved any words from KA? When did you send your resume?

Just like to know how other people stand in the application.

Cheers

BTW

Mr Nice guy
16th Mar 2001, 08:47
fax