PDA

View Full Version : BMI Mainline?

variablepitch
9th Feb 2005, 15:12
Does anyone know about recruitment policies for BMI Mainline?

Can't find much on Pprune (all regional\baby stuff) and PPJN is not much more helpful either...

Is it staffed by ex Baby\Regional pilots? If not do they ever consider low-hour guys?

cheers

Flypiggy
26th Sep 2006, 12:02
Hello people.

Just a very quick one. Does anyone know if BMI Mainline have a proper base at Manchester? ie you could end up based there if you got a job with them? :confused:

cheers

Callsign Kilo
26th Sep 2006, 15:10
Pretty sure they do, with the EMB145 and A330

12th Jan 2007, 15:03
Does anyone know the breakdown / Format of the BMI interviews?
Thanks

StudentInDebt
12th Jan 2007, 17:36
Between 45 minutes and an hour long. Nice chat about you, when you have done various things/shown various qualities (eg leadership, done something you didn't want to do etc) and then a brief technical quiz (how do winglets work, what does an FMC do etc). Any questions? Go home and wait for a phonecall, letter on the mat is probably going to be bad news.

scameron77
12th Jan 2007, 21:13
Just for the record what sort of hours and on what type does it take to secure an interview?

Type rating prior to applying a must?

StudentInDebt
14th Jan 2007, 20:59
They are currently interviewing applicants with the bare minimum for license issue. This interview round is the only one they have planned for this year and they are recruiting for positions rather than a holding pool. The impression I get is that if you haven't secured an interview now you won't get a look in this year, indeed the interview phase may already be over as I understand that A320 sims around the country have been booked up by second stage hopefuls in the last few days!

23rd Jan 2007, 19:35
Great. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Has anyone had and interview? Do they know what it includes and who it's with, ie how many people interview you and they're positions held.

Any ideas on how long you have to wait between interviewing and sim assessment?

Thanks for your help so far StudentInDebt. Have you been through the process yourself?

23rd Jan 2007, 19:46
Does anyone know how long you have to wait between the interview and sim check for BMI mainline?

Anyone know what it involves in the way of SID's, STAR's, Engine failures, Approaches, etc?

skysunclouds
23rd Jan 2007, 20:17
I had an email last week inviting me to an Interview on 20th March!

Does anone have an idea of when the course starts? how many they are taking on, basing policy etc.

rba194
24th Jan 2007, 16:37
Skysunclouds, congrats on getting an interview with BMI. As a matter of interest, who did you apply to? Was it a CV and covering letter? If so who did you address it to?

Many thanks
rba194

CAT3C AUTOLAND
24th Jan 2007, 19:47
Skysunclouds,

I am a couple of weeks before you :). I think the base will be LHR. As to when the course starts, I don't know.

Good Luck.

StudentInDebt
31st Jan 2007, 09:05
Has anyone had and interview? Do they know what it includes and who it's with, ie how many people interview you and they're positions held.Not done it myself but I understand that it includes questions about you in a similar vein to any normal interview - tell us about when you did this/something you didn't like/why do you want to fly for BMI, questions about your background and flying training, some basic technical questions - how do winglets work, tell us about a Seneca. The interview is usually with 3 people (2 pilots and 1 HR) but they do them with just the 2 pilots.
Any ideas on how long you have to wait between interviewing and sim assessment?I think it can be quite a while, they say 2 weeks but I understand that people interviewed in December were being sim checked in mid January.
Anyone know what it involves in the way of SID's, STAR's, Engine failures, Approaches, etc?Takes place in A320/A330 simulator (no FD and possibly no Autothrust) and involves a departure and then an ILS (radar vectors I think), reposition to base and then an engine failure and ILS. As with any sim check they look for improvement rather than inate Chuck Yeager tendancies.
Does anone have an idea of when the course starts? how many they are taking on, basing policy etc.No idea about course dates but basing is probably going to be Heathrow and on the A320 series to start with.
As a matter of interest, who did you apply to? Was it a CV and covering letter? If so who did you address it to?CV and covering letter, does anyone still use initiative or failing that the resources of PPJN/BALPA Employment Services/IPA?
I can't believe that someone who has actually been through this assessment hasn't spoken up to answer some of these questions. :ugh:

2nd Feb 2007, 13:45
Hey StudentInDebt,

Just wanted to say a big thank you for all your answers. I'm grateful that you spent the time to answer, it's helped put my mind at rest a little.

ItsAjob
4th Mar 2007, 16:42
Can anyone shed some light on how long BMI take to arrange an interview after submitting your CV?
Or have they stopped looking at fresh applicants?

CAT3C AUTOLAND
4th Mar 2007, 19:57
From what I know it can take anything from 2 weeks to 6 months.

SinBin
6th Mar 2007, 19:15
Hi all,

Can someone please PM me with information regarding the BMI interview

Thanks

trotts
7th Mar 2007, 17:41
Hi All,
I've got an interview with bmi mainline on 12 Apr, and would really, really, really appreciate some proper answers to the questions posted earlier on roster, bases, interview et al; that's if anyone can remember when they went through it.
Please.
Trotts

spring_air
11th Apr 2007, 08:31
Hi all,

Firstly, thanks to studentindebt - for the great tips. And I totally agree - can't believe no one who has been there and done that has shared the information on here!!

Congrats and Good luck for the interview tomorrow trotts!! I've got mine on the 24th of May and would really appreciate if you could put down the facts on this thread, ie. how long, q's asked, who interviews, just the whole process start to finish. Or even PM me with any information you care to share!! But please do let us know how you get on!!

Look forward to getting some useful feeback !!

:ugh:

bluelearjetdriver
13th Apr 2007, 09:15
Here are some useful tips for the BMI interview.
1) Type "Competancy Based Interviews" into Google and answer all of the questions you can find. This will help...trust me.
2) Learn your last complex type
3) Read "Ace The Technical Pilot Interview" by Gary Bristow about 4 times cover to cover
4) Gen up on the company. Flybmi(duh!!) and wikipedia are very good sources of info
5) Put your right foot out
6) Put your right foot in
7) Do the hokey pokey and turn around

Enjoy

SinBin
13th Apr 2007, 09:34
Lots of 'give us a time when you.......... questions', sim check is pretty easy too!

spring_air
14th Apr 2007, 22:32
Thanks to bluelearjetdriver and sinbin... :)

Really appreciate the help!!

Impressive_Wingspan
7th May 2007, 21:36
How long have the guys/girls who have been to an interview been waiting to find out if they have got a sim ride? Also how have bmi contacted you?

Thanks

one day soon
8th May 2007, 17:07
2 weeks...... but worth the wait!:ok:

Jumbito
10th May 2007, 12:35
Hi mates!

Just a question...the only way to apply to BMI is via mail??Any e-mail address to contact them?

Iīve been searching like crazy and didnīt find so much info.

Thanks in advance and regards everybody!

Cheers:ok:

SinBin
10th May 2007, 14:48
All through email in my experience, word on the street is that they will soon be opening an on-line applicaton form as they were flooded with CVs.

virtualaviation
10th May 2007, 22:49
Based on the number of people who have been booking pre-assessment A320 simulator practice with us recently, I can tell you that BMI are doing a fair bit of recruiting at the moment. Three BMI candidates just today.

There has been a steady stream of BMI candidates since the start of the year, but now a sudden rush in the last week.

Some low hours pilots in their 30s too.

p1_aviator
11th May 2007, 12:26
Hi all,

As BMI use an A320 for the sim check, does anyone know of a training provider who does an MCC on the A320?

Thanks in advance

SinBin
11th May 2007, 13:20
Why does it matter what you do the MCC on? I did mine on a Tristar for heaven's sake and I start on the Airbus in a few weeks. Most/all of it is flown on auto pilot anyway. It's not a type specific course and it won't help you one bit. It only teaches you multicrew skills.

Try Jetlynx, they're on the web if you really want to go down that route, but it will be of no benefit.

Impressive_Wingspan
12th May 2007, 12:54
Anyone fancy hopping in on a sim with jetlinx at heathrow? PM if interested