PDA

View Full Version : Dagonair 747 Day 2 Interview

2XL
24th Apr 2001, 10:30
Did anyone who attended the Day 2 interviews at LGW recently find out any new information on salaries and the seniority list "problems"

rollercoaster
24th Apr 2001, 15:52
Gratuity cut from 15% to 10%, otherwise no change to the draft.

No agreement yet with the DPA. Meeting coming up soon. They hope to reach agreement then. If not, will be run as a separate entity, with separate seniority list.

Hope this helps.

rodger
24th Apr 2001, 19:37
I heard it on the grapevine an IFALPA hiring ban is close on the Dragon jumbo.No deal near with union.Legal bomb to fall if Dragon air seniority list breached.It would seem seperate list probable!Good to get the facts at 11.00gmt after being advised otherwise!welcome aboard the direction less Dragon!!

Fly747
24th Apr 2001, 22:15
But if the freighter pilots are to be joining another company with separate seniority does the Dragonair seniority actually matter? If the DPA doesn't allow seniority then it just means that HKG based pilots can't come and take the commands when they want to.

rodger
25th Apr 2001, 06:41
Yes it does matter!If direct entry captains come to the mainline operation we might as well through our seniority policy and the rest of our A+B scale contracts in the bin.
Yes it would be good for the pommies to be able to transfer to a basing however we cant sell out 180 for the 5 that want to go!
i know which seniority list i would rather be on!it wouldnt be a fly by night freighter with 15 people on it!
Besides some of the blokes who were offered a job with common seniority RHS might of wanted to come to hk for an airbus command after 2 years!

Birdneck
25th Apr 2001, 07:00
Just a reminder ladies and gentlemen.
An IFALPA hiring ban has two meaningful purposes. To first and foremost, send a clear message that the pilot group is in a major ensuing industrial dispute which will effect all pilots. And second, to warn and remind any pilots thinking of joining, that to do so, will severely scar the common united stand that pilot groups must take to protect their jobs and conditions.
Please respect the brotherhood of pilots, otherwise, you not only risk your own career, but the career of others.
And let's be frank, who wants to become a sca_! I know lots of good people who have made the wrong choice. They are now paying dearly for it!

And please don't be fooled, this is a Dragonair operation.

Birdneck
25th Apr 2001, 07:09
Just a reminder ladies and gentlemen.
An IFALPA hiring ban has two meaningful purposes. To first and foremost, send a clear message that the pilot group is in a major ensuing industrial dispute which will effect all pilots. And second, to warn and remind any pilots thinking of joining, that to do so, will severely scar the common united stand that pilot groups must take to protect their jobs and conditions.
Please respect the brotherhood of pilots, otherwise, you not only risk your own career, but the career of others.
And let's be frank, who wants to become a sca_! I know lots of good people who have made the wrong choice. They are now paying dearly for it!

And please don't be fooled, this is a Dragonair operation.

rollercoaster
25th Apr 2001, 15:10
rodger>>
I dont think you'll see any legal bomb dropping on dragonair......no union agreement = separate company = separate seniority list. Its that simple.

Personally, I have no desire to go to HK, if I did I would have applied to dragonair HK. Presumably the (5) pilots wanting a UK basing can apply for the freighter jobs just like the rest of us ?

One thing I forgot to ask at the interview was the income tax situation at manchester. Anyone get it clarified at interview ?

Flap 5
26th Apr 2001, 00:01
rollercoaster,

In a simplistic way you are correct. However it can get awfully complicated if there is no agreement, but then it's your life.

On your second point I think you have answered it yourself. If you are not going to Hong Kong you will be resident in the UK and will have to pay full UK tax. The only way to avoid that is to be resident in Hong Kong and to spend a maximum of 90 days in the UK in any year.

2XL
26th Apr 2001, 11:57
How many of you said YES or NO ?

Did you do your sim ride in the A320 at GECAT LGW ?

headset
27th Apr 2001, 05:57
The Dragonair Pilots Association has told us that the 747 crews will not be allowed to work unless HKFCSL is set up as a separate AOC. They will protect the current seniority list, flying patterns and contracts with everything available to them.

The company, nor should any prospective pilots, simply beleive that by employing pilots through a shelf company, with pilots still based in Hong Kong, that that would appease the DPA.

What guys looking to join should note is that the DPA never did oppose DE Capts. It was simply the mechanism of protecting current pilots and route structure that was never agreed to by the company.

From what I know, no meeting is scheduled to 'fix' the problem, and the DPA solictors are now running the show.

shady
29th Apr 2001, 20:20
rollercoaster, better stick to the Air Mauritius application, they like solo operators like yourself. Good to know that Dragonair are getting a loyal bunch to crew the freighter, you'll need to be,its gonna be an awfully long wait for that command.
Best keep that CV upto date, just incase you need to jump ship to the sunny tropics.